Captain
# 21
04-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
(launching a new wing of fighters, will not erase the fighters instantly they are replacing, but one by one as they are spawned, so in the end you can keep a nice constant dmg up opposed to the insta spawn on other carriers).
It doesn't work that way, at least not out of combat where I've been able to watch carefully and when using Elite Scorpions. As the first fighter of the new wing is launched all remaining fighters of the previous wing begin to fade out. Then it takes several seconds for the next to launch, then the one after that, and by the time the last fighter is launched the remaining cooldown on the hangar is shorter than the time it would take to launch a fighter (at least with my 124 Aux).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
It's a Science ship with a hangar, not a carrier with sci ship performance. The fact you paid real money for a science ship and think you bought a carrier is no reason to change the ship. If you want a carrier, go buy a carrier.
You haven't done much PvE sci, have you? It takes everything we've got to try (and usually fail) to match the damage output of the cruisers, and our abilities (apart from GW and TBR, which are fairly situational and don't take up all the slots) scarcely do anything. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd sooner see that problem addressed at its source with the weak sci abilities, but this would be nice too.
Captain
# 22
04-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
It doesn't work that way, at least not out of combat where I've been able to watch carefully and when using Elite Scorpions. As the first fighter of the new wing is launched all remaining fighters of the previous wing begin to fade out. Then it takes several seconds for the next to launch, then the one after that, and by the time the last fighter is launched the remaining cooldown on the hangar is shorter than the time it would take to launch a fighter (at least with my 124 Aux).
what I am saying is, if you have 2 groups in the air and you start launching a third one, the third group will not eradicate the first group totally when the first fighter is in the air, but one by one, meaning that while the replacement of a first group fighter is coming, it is not deleted yet (they are deleted the moment a new fighter is in the air, and just tested it).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2