Lt. Commander
# 821
01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
can we get some sort of in-game warning? to let us know wassup?
or is the emergency really that....emergent? urgent, i guess...
c'mon, that way we know it's on their end not ours instead of trying to guess around it for 5 minutes.

some heads-up would be very appreciated. tysvm
Lt. Commander
# 822
01-17-2010, 06:26 PM
LOL some of you guys are just wanting to be E-tuff, that's all. And you should probably just put a cork in your pie-hole instead because you're terribad at it.

I remember plenty of games with bad betas. Can you say Vanguard? What about SWG? SWG STILL HAS some of the bugs it started out with 6 years later! Anyone in WoW when wrath launched? How many times did the "wrath server" go down and freeze up peoples characters from being able to log in unless they were in outlands or azeroth? What about wintergrasp causing extreme latencies to occur?

I don't care if you're a spoiled child who doesn't really know what a beta is and is only after some free playtime and instant gratification. Take your ADHD meds and take a nap. I pre-ordered the collectors, pre-ordered a regular copy from an online provider, AND I'm a lifer. I'm totally cool with all this downtime because I want to help make the game the best it can be at launch. Sure, at launch it wont be a perfectly polished jewel, but guess what. In a few years when all the bugs have been ironed out, tons of new content is added, and the game is at its peak.. you'll come crawling back. So go ahead and run your e-mouth for now. I'm not impressed with your wannabe tough-guy act. Go cry to your mommy about the mean, bad, terrible guys at Cryptic keeping you from playing so she can give you some milk and cookies. Noobs.
Lt. Commander
# 823
I'd like to know who the stress test is for, the players or their equipment...
Lt. Commander
# 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1g_Dav3 View Post
LOL... good one Big Dave.
Lt. Commander
# 825
01-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:

BOTH ROFL

Feel like a junkie needing a fix, *shaking* comeon man just an hour please !!!!
Lt. Commander
# 826
01-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerax
I rather they get this done now then something like everquest or Wow did when they first launch, EQ had pretty much half there quests not working, not as bad as Vanguard (SOE sucks). Wow on the other hand did not really get there servers working at launch to the point of waiting in line to get into the game. (Still remember 126 to enter into the bloody game, est time 31 mins..)

An for as Beta goes this is actual not too bad, some of the bug on some quests has not happen to me, though flying as my avater and beaming down to the planet by myself is a drag, this is more likely cause by the lag due to the server being at almost or is at full capacty, reminds me almost of Second life when items do not load right away.

But anyway, keep up the good work Cryptic, this game is getting better.
Really?...126 in line was pretty good when I was playing...I was getting over 1,000 and 120min est. wait times when I quit playing WoW. By the time I got to log in I usually had fallen asleep or found something more interesting to do than watch a wait screen. Then it occured to me..."Why am I spending money on this?.
Lt. Commander
# 827
01-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
I'd think it would be a very bad idea to stress-test the players, because of the whole, y'know, stressed-out-players-less-likely-to-play-this-game kinda thing

Just joshin' ya. But, seriously, the test is the server, not the people (bad idea)
Lt. Commander
# 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
can we get some sort of in-game warning? to let us know wassup?
or is the emergency really that....emergent? urgent, i guess...
c'mon, that way we know it's on their end not ours instead of trying to guess around it for 5 minutes.

some heads-up would be very appreciated. tysvm
Why do you care? Your toon is going to get delete-button gang banged in short order. It's up or it's down. Would you like them to bring in a psychic to predict crashes so you can be informed? GTFO.
Lt. Commander
# 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamude View Post
I for one would like to add my voice to the many who are having a great beta experience. Cryptic has been actively fixing a number of the issues I and many others have reported and since the open beta started the game as been very noticeably getting better. Performance has been great on both my MacBook Pro booted in Windows and on my Winbox.

I have experienced no lag like I did when I was playing WoW, and I've been extremely surprised by how fun STO is play. It is an experience much better than WoW and in my opinion, even better than Champions Online.

To anyone who have never tested before- betas are just going to have a lot of down time. It's just the nature of the beast. Get over it, accept it, love the testing when it's up.

Thank you Cryptic for a great game! Keep it up!
I agree with all of this. Game is going to be awesome after release when much of this is fixed
Lt. Commander
# 830
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
First off sorry to those who were online during my melt down last nigth in 2 missions that were bugged. As to server being down it is beta and we can expect lots of down time for fixes. I for one would hate for 2/2/10 and still have all these issues, so lets give them (I know Korkoff saying this) the benefit of the doubt here and commend them for being so aggressive at fixing problems now.

So back to eve for an hour and will check in with STO l8r.
Closed Thread