Lt. Commander
# 831
01-17-2010, 06:31 PM
I am just happy this is goin on in BETA not . payin 14.95 a month lol.1 thing is evedent. This game is goin to be a hit as popular as it is to overload the servers...... Thats a compliment to cryptic in a unique way..... i finally got it downloaded. I have played well alil bit. I will be gettin the retail version .. i like it. i understand in servers and overloads. Cryptic will get it goin soon enough. Have patience ALL
Lt. Commander
# 832 When you get there
01-17-2010, 06:31 PM
The patrol missions in delta /vol.. await with plenty of fun. Nothing like seeing a battleship when you are a yitl bitsy Miranda
Lt. Commander
# 833
01-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korkoff View Post
First off sorry to those who were online during my melt down last nigth in 2 missions that were bugged. As to server being down it is beta and we can expect lots of down time for fixes. I for one would hate for 2/2/10 and still have all these issues, so lets give them (I know Korkoff saying this) the benefit of the doubt here and commend them for being so agressive at fixing problems now.
I think that is going to be a concept that only a few people will be familiar with. This whole single-server deal. If you make a fool of yourself and everyone laughs at you, you can't just switch servers. The whole community will /point /rofl you.
Lt. Commander
# 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
Why do you care? Your toon is going to get delete-button gang banged in short order. It's up or it's down. Would you like them to bring in a psychic to predict crashes so you can be informed? GTFO.
Whoa. Okay I mean.. whoa. Let's uh.. wow. There is no need to um.. eviscerate the guy. His point about a server side crash is intriguing, yet not all that easy to implement. I mean that would be like making a program that said "oops! you foo'd up!" or when they server goes wrong it'd have a message like "oops! They foo'd up!".

As it stands right now, we just all get the idea "hey, it's foo'd up." And it should be, it's still in Beta with a lot of work to do
Lt. Commander
# 835
Quote:
Why do you care? Your toon is going to get delete-button gang banged in short order. It's up or it's down. Would you like them to bring in a psychic to predict crashes so you can be informed? GTFO.
shut up, Meg.
Lt. Commander
# 836 Still says..
01-17-2010, 06:34 PM
down to me.. never changed to say that it was up. Not sure what to think at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 837
01-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
LOL some of you guys are just wanting to be E-tuff, that's all. And you should probably just put a cork in your pie-hole instead because you're terribad at it.

I remember plenty of games with bad betas. Can you say Vanguard? What about SWG? SWG STILL HAS some of the bugs it started out with 6 years later! Anyone in WoW when wrath launched? How many times did the "wrath server" go down and freeze up peoples characters from being able to log in unless they were in outlands or azeroth? What about wintergrasp causing extreme latencies to occur?

I don't care if you're a spoiled child who doesn't really know what a beta is and is only after some free playtime and instant gratification. Take your ADHD meds and take a nap. I pre-ordered the collectors, pre-ordered a regular copy from an online provider, AND I'm a lifer. I'm totally cool with all this downtime because I want to help make the game the best it can be at launch. Sure, at launch it wont be a perfectly polished jewel, but guess what. In a few years when all the bugs have been ironed out, tons of new content is added, and the game is at its peak.. you'll come crawling back. So go ahead and run your e-mouth for now. I'm not impressed with your wannabe tough-guy act. Go cry to your mommy about the mean, bad, terrible guys at Cryptic keeping you from playing so she can give you some milk and cookies. Noobs.
Gosh, I certainly miss the old days of Pre-CU SWG....

But anyways, time to move on regarding stuff I miss and go with the coolness that is STO... Beta...
I agree with you very much, dude. I am sad at how some people think the beta is just 'play time'. Well, while it is certainly fun to 'play' the beta, one should be looking for bugs as well so that it can help the game be the best it can be. I'm having a blast doing it too. I lost track of how many tickets I submitted, but I hope it helps the Devs out. So far they are doing a great job -- and are actually trying to keep the community happy. For that I am even more happy and dedicated to help out. While I won't be able to afford a monthly subscription, the beta is the only fun of STO I'm ever going to get. And I don't mind helping out the Devs with bug reports while doing so.

I don't mind the downtime (even though sometimes, only sometimes, I do get annoyed at said things, but I just keep my cool and do something else until the server comes back up). Not that hard really, eh?

Hope a dev runs across this post for some reason.
Lt. Commander
# 838
01-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Seeing as Cryptic has this game in Beta, I am sure they want it to run without a single crash. That means that now is the time when they don't just hit the restart, they carefully go over the dump info and seek to fix it pronto.

That is after all what your beta invite was all about, to help Cryptic make this a smooth and polished experience.

I think some people may have forgotten what was in the agreement.
Lt. Commander
# 839
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet1138 View Post
shut up, Meg.
Your intellect is quite obviously destitute. I /pity you.
Lt. Commander
# 840
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu64 View Post
Note from the launch window:

45 min from what time? Just so I have an idea.
About 6pm PST
Closed Thread