Captain
# 1 Fleet Feedback of the Day
04-07-2013, 07:00 PM
So, whose brilliant idea was it that you need 500 food and 500 drink for the bartender project, and you can only replicate these things one at a time?
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
So, whose brilliant idea was it that you need 500 food and 500 drink for the bartender project, and you can only replicate these things one at a time?
The same people who have a hard time separating Tactical and Security doffs in the fleet personel officer.
Just make it one and have one of the streams heavily skewed.

It is a programming issue that cryptic can't get around.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
The chef is even worse than that.

And in the past it was far, FAR worse because months ago, you needed specific food items for the Bartender and Chef.

I think it was...Dosi Rotgut...and Romulan Ale for the Bartender. Which quickly got up into the millions of EC for filling it once people began to hit that en masse.

Captain
# 4
04-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah I spent a personal fortune on Dosi, and now I get it in drops, it's less than worthless to sell.

OP: If you hold ctrl and click, you'll get the items faster, same goes for the photon torpedoes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Captain
# 5
04-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Yeah I spent a personal fortune on Dosi, and now I get it in drops, it's less than worthless to sell.

OP: If you hold ctrl and click, you'll get the items faster, same goes for the photon torpedoes.
Wish I'd known that, lol.

It's not so much the clicking that bothers me, to be clear. It's that every time you click the food item in the replicator and get the "Are you sure you want to buy Drink X", the screen darkens for a second. And when you are clicking fast like a billion times for this, you get into an almost strobe-ish rhythm that really... isn't fun for the eyes.

Even then, it must be said, took forever, but once I got going I thought "to hell with it, I will spare my fleetmates having to do this".

So basically... food and drink should have sliders like other commodities. Why not? If I really want 20 Andorian mashed potatoes that badly, that's my business!
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 04-07-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
04-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Rather have that than the previous version where you needed 500 Romulan Ale with 500 Dosi Rotgut.
Commander
# 7
04-08-2013, 03:27 AM
At least there aren't anymore assignments that need purple doffs.

I want a refund on the purple doffs I threw into the starbase grinder.
Career Officer
# 8
04-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Buying hundreds upon hundreds of Doffs daily is a little more frustrating than a one time go for the bartender and chef honestly. Both are bad designs, neither add anything to the game.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 9
04-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Wish I'd known that, lol.

It's not so much the clicking that bothers me, to be clear. It's that every time you click the food item in the replicator and get the "Are you sure you want to buy Drink X", the screen darkens for a second. And when you are clicking fast like a billion times for this, you get into an almost strobe-ish rhythm that really... isn't fun for the eyes.

Even then, it must be said, took forever, but once I got going I thought "to hell with it, I will spare my fleetmates having to do this".

So basically... food and drink should have sliders like other commodities. Why not? If I really want 20 Andorian mashed potatoes that badly, that's my business!
That's the thing, by holding control. You can just go on a clicking spree. None of the nannying "are you sure, you're sure?" rubbish. It makes it go much faster and is slightly less dull.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin