Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
04-08-2013, 03:17 AM
it would be fine with me if the dread led the way in a complete fed cruiser overhaul. that includes their inertia and turn rate, and the weapons they are limited too. that proposal is kinda lol though
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 12
04-08-2013, 03:26 AM
Do not think that is likely to happen. When you utter one of the following magical words: Galaxy, Galaxy-R, Galaxy-X, Saucer separation or Phaser lance, the post will be thoroughly ignored by the devs.

In the numerous threads about Phaser Lance and how crappy it works, NOT A SINGLE TIME, some dev answered how really the weapon works, and why it does miss so much. Or bothered to check if there are some bugs with it.

Rather pitty, considering the ship was once a referal reward to bring more people to STO.
Career Officer
# 13
04-08-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Do not think that is likely to happen. When you utter one of the following magical words: Galaxy, Galaxy-R, Galaxy-X, Saucer separation or Phaser lance, the post will be thoroughly ignored by the devs.

In the numerous threads about Phaser Lance and how crappy it works, NOT A SINGLE TIME, some dev answered how really the weapon works, and why it does miss so much. Or bothered to check if there are some bugs with it.

Rather pitty, considering the ship was once a referal reward to bring more people to STO.
Well we do know that they have plans for saucer sep and the Lance to then act as an AOE shotgun. I have not seen any other definite plans for the dread and I rather fear the Fleet Galaxy Exploration Cruiser is the last main change for these ships, despite the customers screaming at them from every space station in the quadrant!
Captain
# 14
04-08-2013, 04:23 AM
Imo, something like that is what it should have been all along.

Maybe with a little less hull (43k?) and a shield mod of 1,1, maybe, but yes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in it's current form, with the turn rate, console layout and BO layout, it's the cruiser with the least offensive potential across the board. And it's presented as a warship. That's just wrong.
Captain
# 15
04-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post

In the meantime register on our forums and take a look at my build for the ultimate Galaxy-X (due to be updated again very soon with a nice new addition I've discovered.).

Cheers
Matt
I registered but I haven't received a response, and attempts to log in say that there is no user with that username.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83

Couldn't agree more. The devs are quite obviously ignoring the threads, or acknowledging the issue but don't think there's a problem with it. In either case, we are not really being heard.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 16
04-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
75% acc on a beam that hits hard and 15% extra buff? Your kidding right? Right? I win button if ever I read one....

On a serious note, the dread does need a major rethink. I cannot debate that whatsoever.
i think its acc needs to be the same as the javalin at least...

ive had my lance miss more often then hit even when i had a dude tractor beamed -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 17
04-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
i think its acc needs to be the same as the javalin at least...

ive had my lance miss more often then hit even when i had a dude tractor beamed -_-
There would be no need for accuracy buff, if it was just normal weapon shot, instead of some obsucred cylindrical aoe object that is supposed to pierce through targets. The more complicated the ability is, the more bugs there are in it. But alas, noone bothers to check it.
Career Officer
# 18
04-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I registered but I haven't received a response, and attempts to log in say that there is no user with that username.
Apologies Stardestroyer, please do it again, make sure you use Stardestroyer as the username. I get 150 spam attempts a day and it's hard to spot the legit ones.

I have just updated the build to a Double Lance (Basically preloaded BO2) killer, and was very pleased to Lance an Engineering Oddy on full buffs yesterday. So far since I updated the build every target has been destroyed and with no deaths for me, probably lucky on the last bit, but I make sure I have an escape route. The technique requires patience and timing to get it just right but the rewards are oh so sweet.

Here is an extract:

So here is the trick to the Double Lance Dreadnought. You are using Beam Overload 2 AND the Spinal Lance. Wait, you say, how can you do that they share a cooldown? This is true but the BO2 remains charged for 30 seconds and puts the Lance on 15 second cooldown. I am sure you can see where this is going

When you acquire a target first thing to do is hit BO2. Then keep your target in range whilst you wait for the CD on the lance to finish. At about 5 seconds start to cycle your other buffs. So hit TS1, TT1, APA, DEM, GDF, TacFleet. You are now ready to jump, don't waste time or you will lose the DEM. JUMP. Hit Borg tractor and Graviton Pulse genorator, those two will basically hold any ship dead. Then hit FOMM and the Lance, then finally fire all weapons.

This is what happens to the target. First he is held by the tractor and the graviton generator pulse, then he is hit by the first shot from the lance taking down a shield facing and some hull. Then he is hit by the second shot from the lance which will either kill him or take him very low. Now your other weapons are firing and because you use the DEM/Marion combination your weapon power from the Lance shot has not dropped at all. He is then hit by your fully buffed BO2 which alone can and often hit for 25K, it can crit much higher and as your crit chance is already high you are likely to get a crit on him. If he still somehow survives that, the quantum salvo will catch up to him and finish him off. In the event you are tackling a strong tank you can run over him with warp plasma and drop the breen.

Almost no ship can survive all that unless their captain is extremely quick at hitting the right buffs.

Watch the target's buffs, wait till his TT is down before jumping.

By now his mates have seen him vape and are a little pissed off so they are homing in on you quickly, so hit RSP, evasive and Emp2E, add in Deuterium if you have it and the Rom singularity cloak if you need it. In the event you are unable to escape, cycle your aux to bat to keep your buffs up and you will have wide angle torp and BO2 hitting them quite often. You will mostly survive and probably take out another BoP on the way.
Empire Veteran
# 19
04-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Granted the Dread needs a new fit but the the OPs ideas seems more than a little OP.

Besides wasnt the Galx in the Episodes just the ol'E that Riker chose as his personal Admiral vessel that he modified after the fact to be a vessel more suited for war?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 20
04-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Granted the Dread needs a new fit but the the OPs ideas seems more than a little OP.

Besides wasnt the Galx in the Episodes just the ol'E that Riker chose as his personal Admiral vessel that he modified after the fact to be a vessel more suited for war?
That's right, it was seen in "All Good Things" near the end, he stated that one of the advantages of being an Admiral was to keep his fave ship. And in that alternative reality the Feds were at war with the Klinks so he had the ship upgraded, this was also the episode that we hear warp 13 whereas all previous show warp 10 was impossible to achieve. Guess some writer they used had no idea about the previous technical limitations but hey it gave us faster ships lol.