Starfleet Veteran
# 1 New Lifetime Sale?
03-31-2013, 05:34 AM
When the next Lifetime Sale?

In want Buy Lifetime, it cost 299 Dollar.

Thats 218,74 Euro in Germany, but with Pay Pal i muss Pay Tax 41,57 Euro

= 260,31 Euro --> Thats 333 Dollar

This is very much Money.
Career Officer
# 2
03-31-2013, 07:21 AM
PayPal Tax?

I use PayPal with Cryptic and have never had to pay 'tax' before to either PayPal or Cryptic themselves. I have also sold and purchased large items, including motorcycles and cars with PayPal through eBay in the past and again, never had to pay any sort of tax. When selling I was charged a fee by PayPal when receiving funds, but that isn't a tax.

Inevitably, the company or person charging you is responsible for any PayPal expenses and are charged a fee via PayPal. I am not saying your mistaken, but rather, PayPal Germany is either ripping you off or there is something else at play here!

You should look into it.

Edit: P.S. Cryptic occasionally has Life Time Sales! The price goes down to $199 once or twice or year.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Career Officer
# 3
03-31-2013, 08:13 AM
Hmm, I don't think PayPal has a tax, I'm thinking it must be VAT. I know that's something that my friends from across the pond have to deal with whenever they make transactions in the US. It's a bummer, but not much anyone can do about it.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-31-2013, 08:40 AM
When i buy zen with Pay Pal i dont muss pay Tax, but for Lifetime.

http://picload.org/image/allrroi/unbenannt.jpg

Last edited by arminplugin1978; 03-31-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Ensign
# 5
04-02-2013, 11:28 AM
This Paypal-Tax for a Lifetime-Subscription is really strange.

But an upcoming sale for Lifetime-Abos would be really great. Especially regarding the release of the Romulan expansion pack.
Career Officer
# 6
04-02-2013, 11:33 AM
This comes up fairly frequently.

To recap:
  • Cryptic will obviously not announce exactly when sales are, since that'd stop most people from buying it when it's not on sale.
  • Executive Producer Dan Stahl has said there will be approximately two lifetime sales per year.
  • There have been 2 sales (bringing price from $300 to $200) since the game went F2P: June 5-29 and October 9-November 12.
  • Lifetime members receive all the veteran rewards (from 100 days to 1000 days) immediately. They will then get a 500 zen stipend each month for the lifetime of the game. Additional perks include ability to play as a Liberated Borg Human or Klingon.
  • They also get gold member benefits like expanded bank and inventory slots, character slots, respec tokens when they level up, and coming in May, playable Remans
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-02-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Captain
# 7
04-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Hmm, I don't think PayPal has a tax, I'm thinking it must be VAT. I know that's something that my friends from across the pond have to deal with whenever they make transactions in the US. It's a bummer, but not much anyone can do about it.
VAT : Value Added Tax
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 8
04-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well yeah, but what I meant is that it's not a PayPal specific tax. I've had friends in the past have to deal with it who never used PayPal.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Career Officer
# 9
04-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I actually have money set aside for a lifetime sale.

Little glass case. Has a vinyl Deputy Dawg wallet in it with some money set aside. Small sign saying "In case of lifetime sale, break glass."

Next to it is a small dustpan and brush in a glass case. Sign reads "In case of broken glass, break glass."

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Captain
# 10
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Its a European Tax, only applies in Europe.