Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Ensign
# 21
04-08-2013, 12:28 PM
thecosmic1:

As a hearing impaired player I'd like to thank you for providing a bit of a summary of the interview. It always frustrates me when content is released in a format that I cannot utilize... at least until I remember that I can usually rely on the community to extend a helping hand.
Captain
# 22
04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
How is this going to work? Ally with a high tier fleet and get access to all their unlocked stores?
Yeah. They're looking at a way to have Allied Fleets use larger Fleet's stores. It's not finalized yet, though.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 23
04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geddyn View Post
thecosmic1:

As a hearing impaired player I'd like to thank you for providing a bit of a summary of the interview. It always frustrates me when content is released in a format that I cannot utilize... at least until I remember that I can usually rely on the community to extend a helping hand.
Happy to help where I can. I just posted the things that interest me. Hopefully some others will do likewise to cover other subjects.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 24
04-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
How is this going to work? Ally with a high tier fleet and get access to all their unlocked stores?
This is currently possible if someone invites you to their starbase. You use your resources, but have access to their unlocks. The only exception being ships.
Career Officer
# 25
04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Haven't had an opportunity to listen to the podcast yet, but I'm disappointed that they'd rather make even more small fleets than increase the cap on ones that are pushing that 500 limit. If they could just make the 500 number be accounts instead of characters, that'd immediately fix the problem.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Empire Veteran
# 26
04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
the tos bop will be usable end game? seriously? the more modern looking one from ENT thats in game is 1 thing, but that tos bop, no fricking way. at least the ktinga was used even til the dominion war, the connie and that tos bop, lol no.

im pretty sure those bops from ent were actually from the future, but the enterprise crew wouldn't have known. there should be some rom faction mission were you go back in time and brow beat the NX-01 till it withdraws. the ent bop in game suddenly makes sense!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 27
04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Haven't had an opportunity to listen to the podcast yet, but I'm disappointed that they'd rather make even more small fleets than increase the cap on ones that are pushing that 500 limit. If they could just make the 500 number be accounts instead of characters, that'd immediately fix the problem.
Yeah, but think of it this way: you can put all your alts into a 2nd or 3rd Fleet and ally it with your main Fleet. Then all those alts have access to the resources of your main Fleet.

The issue is that we don't know what programming is involved to increase the number past 500. While it might be simple from our perspective it could be a major pain from theirs.
Captain
# 28
04-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I am curious about the Cardassian Missions becoming agnostic. Granted, I knew it was coming from the Tribble leaks on the KDF side, but it still puzzles me.

Excluding the 2800. My understanding is more of the story missions (haven't done any of them yet) deal with the True Way. While this make sense from the Federation side, as They as suppose to be defending Cardassian space, I don't see the Klingon Empire caring about it one bit.

Even Mar'tok, who was pretty liberal as Klingons go, was not a fan of the Cardassians, and even told Sisko that the Klingons would not mourn the loss of all the Cardassians after the Dominion nuked Cardassia Prime.

I see the KDF more as a "Hey if the Cardassians want to kill each other off, let em. Less for us to worry about"
Captain
# 29
04-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
I am curious about the Cardassian Missions becoming agnostic. Granted, I knew it was coming from the Tribble leaks on the KDF side, but it still puzzles me.

Excluding the 2800. My understanding is more of the story missions (haven't done any of them yet) deal with the True Way. While this make sense from the Federation side, as They as suppose to be defending Cardassian space, I don't see the Klingon Empire caring about it one bit.

Even Mar'tok, who was pretty liberal as Klingons go, was not a fan of the Cardassians, and even told Sisko that the Klingons would not mourn the loss of all the Cardassians after the Dominion nuked Cardassia Prime.

I see the KDF more as a "Hey if the Cardassians want to kill each other off, let em. Less for us to worry about"
If you think about anything too much it never makes sense. It's Trek. You just take whatever the episode's writers give us - whether that's Spock's Brain or Darmok - and go with it.
Captain
# 30
04-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Each Rom Tier ships should have an end-game version available. So if you want a TOS Rom BoP for end-game you can get it - probably C-Store or Fleet store.
This is quite neat indeed.

I kind of prefer this, in a sense, to the alternative. I'd rather have less ships that stick closer to canon than Cryptic having to cook up like 30 new ships because "that other faction has a lot of ships and NUMBERS EQUAL WINNING". So thumbs up.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom