Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,931
# 31
04-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster
Btw: I've read or listened to pretty much all the dev interviews that were conducted during the last 14 months, and my experience honed spidey senses let me interpret Dan's response to the T5 connie thing as "Yes, it will finally come".

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I got that vibe myself - that every Faction is going to get Fleet ships from all Tiers - but I am not going to read too much into it until we finally get a Blog about it.
I think that would be tragic balancewise. It amazes me how cheap writing and production have kept an aged klingon design alive through 150+ years of ST canon, then between whining fedbears ,cryptics lack of imagination and CBS's greed will parlay another ancient and outdated starship back into canon relevancy, forgetting a T5 ship will likely overpower the ships designed to replace her.

I'm at a loss as to what depresses me more, reading these forums or clinging to a childhood memory of a Star trek that used to make sense.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,121
# 32
04-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I think that would be tragic balancewise. It amazes me how cheap writing and production have kept an aged klingon design alive through 150+ years of ST canon, then between whining fedbears ,cryptics lack of imagination and CBS's greed will parlay another ancient and outdated starship back into canon relevancy, forgetting a T5 ship will likely overpower the ships designed to replace her.

I'm at a loss as to what depresses me more, reading these forums or clinging to a childhood memory of a Star trek that used to make sense.
STO is about making Star Trek fan-boys happy. Always has been, from the moment the TOS Connie was put into the exclusive boxset. There's no canon in STO. It's a conglomeration of fan-boy wishes shoe-stringed together. If that makes you depressed, well, there's pills for that now.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 775
# 33
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Thank for the information summary Cosmic.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,773
# 34
04-08-2013, 02:01 PM
How many missions are the KDF getting? I hear alot of answers but I don't here a number?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,121
# 35
04-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
How many missions are the KDF getting? I hear alot of answers but I don't here a number?
It wasn't asked in the podcast.

I don't know that they're getting any new missions - outside of the Tutorial. What I think they're getting is a bunch of reformatted Fed missions. For example, all the KDF will have access to the Cardassian Missions sometime in their level 30s to early 40s.

The new Nimbus zone will have missions in the 20-26 range, but I don't know if that's just for Roms, or Factons teamed with Roms, or if anyone can do it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,014
# 36
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
The excitement in Dan's voice is infectious when he's talking about the convergence of storylines and how they plan for factions to interact (or not) from that moment forward. I'm absolutely thrilled by the idea of players getting unique insight into the overarching plotline of the Iconians as well as how the Romulans will play a meaningful role in the game.

Until now I was only tentatively excited, but this podcast has me completely on the edge of my seat for May. This is the update to the game I've been waiting for since I first started playing.

Dan, you've completely turned this skeptic into a fan. Can't wait!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,773
# 37
04-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
It wasn't asked in the podcast.

I don't know that they're getting any new missions - outside of the Tutorial. What I think they're getting is a bunch of reformatted Fed missions. For example, all the KDF will have access to the Cardassian Missions sometime in their level 30s to early 40s.

The new Nimbus zone will have missions in the 20-26 range, but I don't know if that's just for Roms, or Factons teamed with Roms, or if anyone can do it.
Well reformatted fed missions are still missions. I know about the Cardasian missions.
And when I go to tribble I see about 10 new kdf missions but i have no idea what they are. I have never finished the fed missions so I am not sure if the 10 new reformatted missions in the mission journal are all Part 1 of 5's and you will get more when you finish specific ones.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
# 38
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Will KDF finally get KDF Armor & Kit skins? and off duty skins?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,121
# 39
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Well reformatted fed missions are still missions. I know about the Cardasian missions.
And when I go to tribble I see about 10 new kdf missions but i have no idea what they are. I have never finished the fed missions so I am not sure if the 10 new reformatted missions in the mission journal are all Part 1 of 5's and you will get more when you finish specific ones.
I haven't tested on tribble, so I don't know what's already been done. From what I'd seen in the KDF forum they appeared to just be Fed missions adapted to KDF use.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,121
# 40
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquin View Post
Will KDF finally get KDF Armor & Kit skins? and off duty skins?
I wasn't asked by anyone. The podcast was mainly about the Roms.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 PM.