Captain
# 1 Bug infestation on tribble
04-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Alright the more i play the more bugs i am coming across let me list the most recent

A) During open space enemy encounters and sometimes during missions:

1) I have found some battlecruisers usually klingon that just sit there no shields they dont attack they just sit there and let you blast them to bits.
This happens alot during open space encounters dont get me wrong i enjoy target practice but then again i dont like bugs either.

B) During Mission "Secret orders" From fed klingon war episode :

1)While approaching B'Vats' secret base my ship began to do a left hand turn it became stuck for about a minute.
I did think at first i was lagging but i was able to fire on some metreon gas succesfully while stuck in the turn it has only happened on tribble and it happened during this mission 3 times.

2) Once my away team beamed into the base i was able to get to the scientists easily however once there i encountered a klingon handler that took me 5 minutes to kill.
My team attacked him got his health to 0 but he would not die i exauhsted all my hypos during that one fight finally for no reason at all he just vanished did not die just vanished....this is the first time ive ever seen this happen.

3) Greandes what is the point you try to get the drop on an enemy patrol by tossing a grenade but your away team attacks and the enemy rushes you avoiding the grenade.

4) I decided to sit and watch the klingons in the main chamber where you plant spacial charges on the weapons for a few minutes see if there was anything amiss.
I was not detected and my away team just stood there for about 5 minutes i decided to try grenades again this time turning on passive mode.....and as soon as i turned on passive every klingon in that room attacked.
Did i mention i was standing there undetected for 5 minutes while a klingon patrol walked right by my away team?

5) I managed to fight them off somehow though it was annoying and managed to escape the base.
Well i went ahead and attacked the fleeing cruiser....but during the attack not only did the left turn problem crop up again (I started wondering if there was a NASCAR influence) but i kept getting the viewscreen of my sci BOFF informing me about stuff which shut off my engines and i could not fire.

6) Ok so i managed past the viewscreen annoyance then something new happened...my cannons stopped working yes i had plenty of energy yes my subsystems were ok yes i my weapons were not disabled....they just stopped as if they ran out of ammo or something.

Update

C) During Task Force Hipocrates:

1) Upon landing on the surface of xarantine my toon for no reason began walking in a right handed circle i did not do anything such as push the walk button she just began walking in a right circle upon beam in.

2) during the "Clipped wing" portion of this mission i encountered a Vor'Cha as ive stated before just sitting there no shields nothing just sat there and let me blast it to bits.

UPDATE

D) During Skirmish

1) Since this past server update i found something unusual when i tried to turn down the volume on my computer my toon crouched down pressing the volume key a second time and she stood up.
Also turning up my volume took me me to a close up over the shoulder view hitting the volume again returned it to normal...this just started happening after this past update.

2) When on the Axon upon entering the mess hall one of the davidans that are fleeing looks like a cardassian.

Update 4-9-2013

E) Mission Diplomatic orders from the fed klingon war episode

1) Moonwalking klingon : As i descended the two staircases aftert the fight with the undine / Sokketh i noticed a klingon walking but going in reverse it was like he was doing the moonwalk was funny looking.
Idk if this is common but since its the first i seen it decided to post it

F) Trealeus satelite repair

1) As im using a fed toon it was quite odd that the head of klingon intelligence was issuing this mission to me...so when did K'Men defect and franklin drake get replaced? lol

The more i play the more Bugs im finding as i do i will post them...this new expansion is turning out to be Infested with bugs.

Last edited by messahla; 04-09-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
04-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Nice catches...

Did you remember to submit tickets on them all? That should increase chances that a dev actually gets them...

Still.. Nice catches.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Rihannsu
# 3
04-08-2013, 12:19 PM
When I played the KDF tutorial, I had an issue on the map with the asteroids. For some reason I couldn't make my ship go up or down with the arrow keys, only the mouse.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 4
04-08-2013, 12:50 PM
the issue with the stuck helm has been in game for a while, it's annoying, but it can be fixed by hitting the Escape key.

By the way, if you're trying to do ambush tactics, you can set your away team to stand still and not attack, look at the buttons on your away team status box. Just like any attack, throwing grenades will agro enemies, the NPCs are set to ignore you outside of a certain range unless you attack them. I suggest setting up your boffs further back and using smoke grenades. BTW, grenades aren't the best for ambush tactics, I suggest one of the kits with stealth buffing powers. Grenades are more for stalling an enemy attack.

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 04-08-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Captain
# 5
04-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Nice catches...

Did you remember to submit tickets on them all? That should increase chances that a dev actually gets them...

Still.. Nice catches.
No i didnt send in support tickets im stil waiting for a reply to the last ones i made concerning the STF queue menu causing the game to crash along with a few other issues i ran into on the holodeck.
Its been a long while since i sent them they havent replied nor has the problems been fixed i have no confidence in support tickets.

However this isnt my first rodeo in testing a game so if the tickets are ignored i will continue updating this thread with my findings...with luck the developers at cryptic will read this and fix some of these issues.

Lets hope atleast one of the bugs get fixed before the may 21st release date.....seems to soon for an expansion this big with the little testing that IS being done.

We havent even been able to test the romulans out since i have no doubt we would find a treasure trove of bugs with the romulan faction.

Last edited by messahla; 04-08-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Captain
# 6
04-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Alright the more i play the more bugs i am coming across let me list the most recent

A) During open space enemy encounters and sometimes during missions:

1) I have found some battlecruisers usually klingon that just sit there no shields they dont attack they just sit there and let you blast them to bits.
This happens alot during open space encounters dont get me wrong i enjoy target practice but then again i dont like bugs either.

B) During Mission "Secret orders" From fed klingon war episode :

1)While approaching B'Vats' secret base my ship began to do a left hand turn it became stuck for about a minute.
I did think at first i was lagging but i was able to fire on some metreon gas succesfully while stuck in the turn it has only happened on tribble and it happened during this mission 3 times.

2) Once my away team beamed into the base i was able to get to the scientists easily however once there i encountered a klingon handler that took me 5 minutes to kill.
My team attacked him got his health to 0 but he would not die i exauhsted all my hypos during that one fight finally for no reason at all he just vanished did not die just vanished....this is the first time ive ever seen this happen.

3) Greandes what is the point you try to get the drop on an enemy patrol by tossing a grenade but your away team attacks and the enemy rushes you avoiding the grenade.

4) I decided to sit and watch the klingons in the main chamber where you plant spacial charges on the weapons for a few minutes see if there was anything amiss.
I was not detected and my away team just stood there for about 5 minutes i decided to try grenades again this time turning on passive mode.....and as soon as i turned on passive every klingon in that room attacked.
Did i mention i was standing there undetected for 5 minutes while a klingon patrol walked right by my away team?

5) I managed to fight them off somehow though it was annoying and managed to escape the base.
Well i went ahead and attacked the fleeing cruiser....but during the attack not only did the left turn problem crop up again (I started wondering if there was a NASCAR influence) but i kept getting the viewscreen of my sci BOFF informing me about stuff which shut off my engines and i could not fire.

6) Ok so i managed past the viewscreen annoyance then something new happened...my cannons stopped working yes i had plenty of energy yes my subsystems were ok yes i my weapons were not disabled....they just stopped as if they ran out of ammo or something.

Update

C) During Task Force Hipocrates:

1) Upon landing on the surface of xarantine my toon for no reason began walking in a right handed circle i did not do anything such as push the walk button she just began walking in a right circle upon beam in.

2) during the "Clipped wing" portion of this mission i encountered a Vor'Cha as ive stated before just sitting there no shields nothing just sat there and let me blast it to bits.

UPDATE

D) During Skirmish

1) Since this past server update i found something unusual when i tried to turn down the volume on my computer my toon crouched down pressing the volume key a second time and she stood up.
Also turning up my volume took me me to a close up over the shoulder view hitting the volume again returned it to normal...this just started happening after this past update.

2) When on the Axon upon entering the mess hall one of the davidans that are fleeing looks like a cardassian.

The more i play the more Bugs im finding as i do i will post them...this new expansion is turning out to be Infested with bugs.
I've been doing some off and on testing these last few weeks. So far I haven't noticed anything major.

A1. I haven't encountered this yet, but I suspect this is a bug.
B1. There is something wrong with your keyboard controls here. You may want to take a look at keybinds.
B2. The only time I have ever seen this behavior is when I tried to skip part of a mission. Some enemies that are supposed to beam out at the end of a fight will not die if you attack them before all preceding objectives are complete.
B3-4. When you throw a grenade, you are attacking a target. Bridge officers are designed to focus fire on your target unless you tell them otherwise. Also, throwing a grenade has the same effect as shooting an NPC, they will start running at you before the detonation.
B5-6. Same as B1, you may need to try a keybind reset, something isn't right with your character setup.
C1. You pressed a button and your character performed a different action. As with A2, try a keybind reset even if everything looks like it is listed correctly.
C2. Clearly another example of an A1 problem, consider reporting it.
D1. This really suggests that your keyboard/keybinds aren't working correctly.
D2. There are several Cardassians alive in this area. They will follow and shoot at the Devidians.
Captain
# 7
04-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
I've been doing some off and on testing these last few weeks. So far I haven't noticed anything major.

A1. I haven't encountered this yet, but I suspect this is a bug.
B1. There is something wrong with your keyboard controls here. You may want to take a look at keybinds.
B2. The only time I have ever seen this behavior is when I tried to skip part of a mission. Some enemies that are supposed to beam out at the end of a fight will not die if you attack them before all preceding objectives are complete.
B3-4. When you throw a grenade, you are attacking a target. Bridge officers are designed to focus fire on your target unless you tell them otherwise. Also, throwing a grenade has the same effect as shooting an NPC, they will start running at you before the detonation.
B5-6. Same as B1, you may need to try a keybind reset, something isn't right with your character setup.
C1. You pressed a button and your character performed a different action. As with A2, try a keybind reset even if everything looks like it is listed correctly.
C2. Clearly another example of an A1 problem, consider reporting it.
D1. This really suggests that your keyboard/keybinds aren't working correctly.
D2. There are several Cardassians alive in this area. They will follow and shoot at the Devidians.
I will address this with how i came to my conclusions

B-1 ,C-1, D-1 B-5-6 : Before posting this thread i made sure that i checked my keyboard and also checked keybinds everything is as it should be and this does not happen on the holodeck.
I made sure and checked several times to make sure this wasnt a keyboard or keybind problem and it was not

B-2 : What im saying is this handler is your normal NPC he was not supposed to "Beam out" while i was fighting him at health 0 he was fighting back he just vanished no beam
out.
also to add he fought back with his health at 0 for atleast 2-3 minutes.

B-4: I understand about the team fire concetration as in away team support but i was using the first part to setup part two.
After standing in the main chamber for several minutes undetected i decide to use grenades again this time i tried setting my team to passive mode but when i did as i stated earlier every klingon in that room attack all at the same time.
I had not done anything did not fire a shot or throw a grenade only thing i did was click on passive mode when they attacked.

D-2 : The cardassian was floating in the same manner as the devidans he even had the same posture he was not fighting.
I went through the missions 3 times and had this result all 3 times there is a bug its not a big deal but as a bug i posted it on this thread.

Last edited by messahla; 04-08-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Rihannsu
# 8
04-08-2013, 06:57 PM
B4: enemy detection has always been somewhat random in this game. I suspect that if you're in firing range, every now and then the computer will do a probability roll to decide whather an enemy noticed you standing there. Thus if you stand in line of sight of an enemy they will eventually notice and open fire.

D2: was he floating and moving? Or was he floating because one of the Devidians was using the life force draining attack?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 04-08-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Captain
# 9
04-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
B4: enemy detection has always been somewhat random in this game. I suspect that if you're in firing range, every now and then the computer will do a probability roll to decide whather an enemy noticed you standing there. Thus if you stand in line of sight of an enemy they will eventually notice and open fire.

D2: was he floating and moving? Or was he floating because one of the Devidians was using the life force draining attack?
B-4 : I have noticed detection is a hit or miss type of thing however i was near the doorway actually just infront of it but as soon as i set to passive every klingon and i do mean every klink in the room bull rushed me.
Even those clear across the room on the platform near the computer consoles

D-2 : It was like a davidan in a cardi body he was floating and moving like he was one of the davidans.