Former PWE Community Team Lead
W're excited to announce that purchasing a Hero of the North Founder's Pack for Neverwinter will now get you the Andorian Starter Pack, which includes two free items in Star Trek Online, along with several free items in other PWE games.

Link to the news article.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
03-20-2013, 06:11 AM
First, the title is misleading. You need to note the TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR pack, as it sounds more like free stuff for the heck of it.

Second.....if I buy this $200 pack, I get, what? Items i'd use for all of 15-20 minutes.

I will pass on this, as it looks more like a desperate attempt to get some cash from an unsuspecting person.

A deal like this should give ALOT more for $200, like a lifetime subscription to STO.
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-20-2013, 06:13 AM
Sorry. I cannot get into another cryptic game.
End game Repeatable content.
Queueing
Another "sorry your class is only 1% of te game because it is broken so we won't support it because nobody plays it"
One story mission a year
Ignoring veteran players
The "we don't want to communicate our plans because they might change" attitude. Tell us the plans and tell us when the plans change and why.

It isn't the perks, it is the lack of communicated vision about the game that is preventing my investment.
Cryptic has become way to tight lipped.

Also, what is a kdf player going to do with an Andorran ship?
# 4
03-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
First, the title is misleading. You need to note the TWO HUNDRED DOLLAR pack, as it sounds more like free stuff for the heck of it.

Second.....if I buy this $200 pack, I get, what? Items i'd use for all of 15-20 minutes.

I will pass on this, as it looks more like a desperate attempt to get some cash from an unsuspecting person.

A deal like this should give ALOT more for $200, like a lifetime subscription to STO.
You're getting free STO items from Neverwinter if you're a Hero of the North Founder, which is noted in the blog. Also, you're not just getting the STO items, but all of the other items listed here for other PWE games: http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=839091

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 5
03-20-2013, 06:17 AM
I am wondering if they are not hitting their pre-launch sales targets.
"Quick throw some more junk on the fire before it burns out!"

Personally, I am not interested in the whole "D&D" thing. So, I am taking a pass on Neverwinter. And I am not going to pay $200 for a T3 ship.

Beers,

Jengoz =/
Captain
# 6
03-20-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
You're getting free STO items from Neverwinter if you're a Hero of the North Founder, which is noted in the blog. Also, you're not just getting the STO items, but all of the other items listed here for other PWE games: http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=839091

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Sorry, brah. It's not worth 200 dollars.

And the STO items are only going to be used while being a Lieutenant to boot? Worthless after a couple of hours of game play.

Then after the 200, then you will be nickled and dimed to death.

Old school Cryptic would probably have a chance at this. This "New School" Cryptic, not so much.

If only you waited another 12 days and I would have said this was a pretty good April Fool's joke.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution

Last edited by darthstormstrike; 03-20-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
03-20-2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Access to all three Neverwinter Beta Weekends.
This means there are 3 more beta weekends to go?
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-20-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Sorry, brah. It's not worth 200 dollars.

And the STO items are only going to be used while being a Lieutenant to boot? Worthless after a couple of hours of game play.

Then after the 200, then you will be nickled and dimed to death.

Old school Cryptic would probably have a chance at this. This "New School" Cryptic, not so much.
Well with the "pack" you get a bunch of currencies (even though I don't understand nw's currencies whatsoever). So I can assume you can buy certain things with it
# 9
03-20-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
This means there are 3 more beta weekends to go?
No, one more I believe. I'll update that text

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Commander
# 10
03-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Sorry. I cannot get into another cryptic game.
End game Repeatable content.
Queueing
Another "sorry your class is only 1% of te game because it is broken so we won't support it because nobody plays it"
One story mission a year
Ignoring veteran players
The "we don't want to communicate our plans because they might change" attitude. Tell us the plans and tell us when the plans change and why.

It isn't the perks, it is the lack of communicated vision about the game that is preventing my investment.
Cryptic has become way to tight lipped.

Also, what is a kdf player going to do with an Andorran ship?
Working As Intended
Closed Thread