Commander
# 81
04-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
I went to check if the longstanding error with the KDF Marauding BOFF (uneditable appearance) has been fixed with this tailor revamp.
It has not.

Seriously Cryptic, you completely revamped the tailor and one of the oldest tailor bugs in the game has not been fixed?
Is that really a bug? It sounds intentional, and I doubt it is actually connected to the tailor at all (though I could be wrong, of course).
Career Officer
# 82
04-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Two really annoying bugs just from logging in. The off white buttons of the Voyager theme with the white text still exist and the chat window never remembers what tab it was set to. It's annoying to always have it default back to the chat tab!
Career Officer
# 83
04-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
Is that really a bug? It sounds intentional, and I doubt it is actually connected to the tailor at all (though I could be wrong, of course).
I'd say it's a bug. On my KDF toon I recently hit rank 4 marauding and claimed a human boff and it can't be customized at all. Anything I try to change, the sliders, the colors, the uniforms, it just snaps back immediately back the the default setting. It is also using a Fed off duty outfit (KDF can't use and have no off duty outfits) and the outfit parts in the dropdowns are all Fed off duty. However, I have a Fed toon with rank 4 diplomacy and claimed an orion as my reward and could customize its appearance fully, though it only has access to KDF uniforms.

I too was hoping the marauding boff problem was going to be fixed with the character creator being remade from the ground up (to my understanding). And also allow us to say, put a Fed uniform on a Diplomacy boff and an actual KDF uniform on our marauding boff.
Self Portrait

Last edited by monkeybone13; 04-09-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 84
04-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Yes, that's what happens to me as well.

Everytime I change something, it snaps it back to the default appearance.

And I chose a Trill.
Species doesn't seem to matter though, no matter what you choose, it's broken.

If the BOFF was truly uneditable, then you wouldn't even be allowed to try, like the Breen and so on.
The Starfleet equivalent is fully editable, so this one should be as well.

Also, I brought up the console window to see what error codes it was stating.
There's a lot of them!
Most of them are about invalid costume options!
It says something like part X is not available for species F.
Unusually, it's referencing body parts, things like hands and feet etc.
Which is kindof odd, since all I was trying to do was give the BOFF a different shirt.
It says similar things when I try to change the height, body shape, etc.

So yes, it is a bug and in no way intentional.

For the record, I have reminded Cryptic once a month or fortnight for over a year to fix it.
So they can hardly be ignorant of this bug's existence.
Lieutenant
The KDF Transporter Officer at the KDF Shipyard isn't letting me transport to the Academy or my ship, even after recopying my character back from Holodeck. The First City Transporter Officer however does let me transport to all of the proper locations.
Zebulon_Giles:

My Characters: (from left to right)

N'Gubist Ripeaz Menniz
Captain
# 86
04-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
  • Updated the lighting for the Character Creator and the Tailor.
    • It will no longer be so dim.
Was this change also made to the character selection screen? The character still looks pretty dim there.
Empire Veteran
# 87
04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Can I sacrifice all those Epohhs (and snow possums) to a console for a billion Rommie marks instead of using them to run the transporters?
(I like the squealing noises)

Sorry to hear about your sister getting tribble bit. Make sure she gets her shots.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Starfleet Veteran
Hey Z:

Yer obviously a Monty Python fan.

LMAO.....keep up the good work.
Ensign
# 89
04-11-2013, 01:32 PM
...Tribble bites can be quite deadly.

(Just wait till they start doing the bug reports in an entirely different fashion at great expense to PWE.)