Captain
# 11
04-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
I mean, I suppose if one were to play 8-10 hours a day, maybe it is, but my character is Captain level 37, and there is plenty I haven't seen in this game. I don't feel like I've been playing long, and I still feel fairly new at this.
I'm actually not sure it's possible to do all the normal episode missions and not already be max level, just from the amount of skill points they give. Have you really finished all the episode missions in your mission journal, through to the Undine arc?

Actually, I don't think that's possible either, just because of the level restrictions on later ones. Also, there are all the patrol missions you can get by flying up to most planets, adventure zone areas like Nukara, Defera, and New Romulus.

Add in other experiences such as Duty Officers, Dilithium Mining, Diplomatic missions, accolade hunting (if that's your thing), and Foundry missions, there's a lot to do.

As for multiplayer stuff, the non-STF events mostly all happen fairly quickly with minimal waiting, and very rarely do you have to worry about not having enough players or anything. You should really give it a try before you dismiss them.

Also pay attention to the hourly events that happen, which you can see in your mission journal. When those are going on, those particular events usually pop near instantaneously when you queue for them, and ones like the Mirror Universe event are fun and profitable from a skill point perspective when they occur.

Also keep in mind that you can do other things while in queue. You don't have to sit there and wait. You can work on your doff assignments, you can do another mission, you can run around - you don't have to stay in any one place and just wait.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----

Last edited by tangolight; 04-08-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
04-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Why are you playing an MMO? I mean, you are aware that playing with other people is kind of the point, right?
But STO isn't an MMO
Commander
# 13
04-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Why are you playing an MMO? I mean, you are aware that playing with other people is kind of the point, right?
For me, that this game is an MMO is simply incidental. I don't play MMOs because they are MMOs, or because they are intended for people to play together. I play STO because I enjoy it (mostly), and as it so happens, it's an MMO. If Cryptic released a stand alone version of this game, I'd probably play that instead. I can certainly see how much of what I've seen of this game could be a stand alone game. But, there is more money flow in an MMO. So, here we are.
Career Officer
# 14
04-08-2013, 04:54 PM
As tangolight said there are story missions that open up much later on. I think the Breen arc is like 49 or something. Also once you get to max level you open up New Romulus (as well as the entire reputation system) and can do stuff there.

Also remember that many of the queues are level banded. People up at the max aren't going to be running some events (like SB24) with lowbies. Most people are up at the max level, so once you get there queue times are almost non-existent. Well, on the Fed side anyway.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Commander
# 15
04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
...plays an MMO...complains about running out of solo content! You got to love the irony!

Ontop of it, the reasons he gives aren't even true at! Most queues are less than a minute...5 at max.
You seemed to have missed the part where I acknowledge that it is an MMO, and as such, I recognize I have no real complaint.
Captain
# 16
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
You seemed to have missed the part where I acknowledge that it is an MMO, and as such, I recognize I have no real complaint.
i love the irony of your post anyway...lol
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 17
04-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
I'm actually not sure it's possible to do all the normal episode missions and not already be max level, just from the amount of skill points they give.
Heck, my main hit 50 just after completing the liberation of DS9. There are, I understand, several arcs I have yet to hit; I've been futzing around with secondary characters, though, and haven't devoted the time it takes to get through the missions at Mol'Rihan. (I also tried to report to the contact in Gamma Orionis sector, but couldn't find the contact in that massive fleet.)

And, other than the occasional foray into Ker'rat because I was just about to level, I've been playing completely solo the whole time - the closest I've come to team action has been contributing to my fleet's starbase, because since I don't PvP I don't feel the need to have all the latest Dil consoles, so I can put the Dil into the base projects.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Career Officer
# 18
04-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Solo may be your thing but if ever you need to form a team (space) pm me in game. There are some missions I could never complete for similar reasons.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 19
04-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
Solo may be your thing but if ever you need to form a team (space) pm me in game. There are some missions I could never complete for similar reasons.
You'll need to give your in game handle for people to contact you in game, as for most people, their forum name isn't the same as their handle. Mine for example, is @ainu. (Feel free to contact me if you want help doing missions. I love doing that sort of stuff.)
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
# 20
04-08-2013, 07:05 PM
I'll just say that I've noticed increasingly solo activities in MMOs these days. I think its actually because there aren't many new good solo games these days, that MMOs end up sucking up all of them.

Having the latest hot anime about how a solo player owns several MMOs doesn't help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.