Captain
# 1 Chat Channel for....
04-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey guys sorry if this is wrong place but i got a load of purple stuff i wanna sell but its not on the EX and when i put a ad on the Zone chat to try to sell it i get a load of abuse sooooo..

is there a channel for this or do i just try my luck in Zone

((yes i know people hate spammmers but i wanna sell some loot and geta good amount of EC for it :-s))

Help would be good thanks...

Also if this post isn't allowed i'm sorry just asking for advice :-D
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Captain
# 2
04-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Ok because I posted this to sell stuff and have tried to use exchange and zone to sell things but either met with torrent of abuse on zone or no luck on exchange in game now i have set a chat channel dedicated to selling items

It's called SELLERS MARKET I hope it catches on
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Captain
# 3
04-15-2013, 01:14 AM
Really no need for this. If you use it correctly, the Exchange is the best place to sell stuff to other players. but there are a few things to keep in mind.

1. When checking prices, serch as specifically as possible. Use the tabs underneath and select the rank, quality, and subcatagory of your item you are looking for. This will pull up the specific and actual market prices for your items. It is a known bug that if you just drag-n-drop it and search an item, it will not pull up ALL of the items on the market.

2. After you have the price, don't over drop the price to get in first. If you drop it too much, it might trigger a market collapse and your item will never sell. I only drop it by 5-50 ec from the lowest price.

3. When checking shields, deflectors, or weapons, check each tag individually. Certain combination of tags are more valuable than others. While not an exact science, searching each tag at that quality of gear can show you how it influences the price. For example, you have a Mk XII Polaron Dual Cannons [Acc] [Dmg] to sell. Search for a blue Dual Cannon with [acc] and it comes up with 500k. With a [Dmg] tag, it's only 250K. So a good price for the piece you have would be 375k.

4. Keep in mind that not all items on the exchange will sell at all. Unpopular consoles, lower tier weapons, and some shields, engines and deflectors do not sell well. If when you check the prices, the price is about half the vendor price (the price when you hovermouse over the item), it is not worth selling. It will never move off the exchange and it will just waste your time. Even if it is a few hundred over half point, it is not worth it. You are better off vendor trashing it (selling it to an NPC vendor. Best use a Starfleet equipment vendor. A civilian will buy it at 40% listed, and a Ferengi will buy at 30% or less.. (typical capitalist). But yes, at the point when the player market drops to 50% listed price, it is better to sell it to a vendor.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-15-2013, 01:53 AM
There is also a channel called TheTradingChannel which is highly active and useful for selling items.

/channel_join TheTradingChennel

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p