Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lieutenant
# 1 Cant Use Treibble
03-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I load into tribble and see the character screen but I cant press a single button on the screen.

I cant play on tribble I cant log out I cant create a new character nothing

anyone else having this?

Executive Officer of Alpha Squadron
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
03-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelus214 View Post
I load into tribble and see the character screen but I cant press a single button on the screen.

I cant play on tribble I cant log out I cant create a new character nothing

anyone else having this?
There are others who reported this bug and the team is investigating. Thanks for the report!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Just patched Tribble but found after the client loads - at the character select screen - I have what looks like my windows desktop mouse cursor; and although I can move it around, as I mouse over stuff, nothing changes, and I can't select anything on that screen to proceed (I move the mouse over something - Left Click - and nothing.

I am still running under Windows XP (SP3) - fully patched - as the OS on this particular PC; and I also run STO under 'Fullscreen' mode (as opposed to 'Windowed Mode').

[I remember there was a Foundry bug that only occurred in Fullscreen mode; and not in windowed mode - so that's why I mention the above.]

In had to head out to work so I couldn't try more - but figured I'd come and post what I had so far with regard to this current bug.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
# 4
03-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Win XP here too, and some other person mentioned using this system as well. I wonder if it's related to the issue somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Win XP here too, and some other person mentioned using this system as well. I wonder if it's related to the issue somehow.
I am starting to suspect this as well (same problem here, and same OS). I do have another computer with Win 7 (it is inferior in other respects, which is why I prefer my XP-computer when the option is open) - perhaps I should try and see if the problem exists there?
(I can also observe that at least once the cursor changed to the game one after alt-tabbing out, then back in - it still didn't work, unfortunately).
Rihannsu
# 6
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
same issue here under winskin. Don't have enough space for tribble on my Win7 machine
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lieutenant
# 7 Win XP 64 SP3, same problem
03-29-2013, 11:41 AM
As above, but I don't get to the character creation screen. The first thing I encounter on Tribble is the "Adjust your monitor's settings" screen -- the one where you adjust the color of the background against the black, dark grey, and light grey lines of text.

There is no way to select anything, and no way to exit -- other than forcing a process shutdown through the taskmanager. Messy.

I understand the team is examining this; is there a prospective timeline on this, or any progress to report? I'd really love to try out some of the new features being showcased on Tribble at the moment.

Thanks in advance for trying to fix this.
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-29-2013, 11:50 AM
i cant click anything, and im on XP
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 9
03-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i cant click anything, and im on XP
This.

UI is currently relegated to "pretty but useless" status for tribble.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
03-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Is it accurate that ALL of you are on XP?

This is critically important to know, so please answer if you can.

Also, if you're reading this and you're on XP and you DO NOT have this bug, please also let us know.

Thanks!