Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lieutenant
Would anyone be in favor of adding the lifetime subscription to the Z-Store? Perhaps for a limited time? The thread below this one is asking for a LTS sale. However putting the LTS in the Z-Store is almost like a sale because people can use their dilithium to purchase Zen off the exchange and then purchase the rest of the Zen with cash to close the gap.

For example 1,000,000 dilithium (exhanged into Zen) and $200 USD gets you the LTS.

Or 2,000,000 dilithium (exhanged into Zen) and $100 USD gets you the LTS.

Finally 3,000,000 dilithium (exhanged into Zen) and $0 USD gets you the LTS.

A lot of people do not have $300 USD they are willing to part with for a LTS. But some have $200 and much more have $100. Wouldn't $100 be better than $0?

Of course this will temporarily cause the Zen to Dilithium market to go in the direction of Zen sellers, so they will be happy because they will get more Dil per dollar to use on their projects.

The downside is putting the LTS in the Z-Store permanently would make having it as a lockbox prize obsolete.

Aye or nay? Reasoning for or against in follow up posts appreciated.
Career Officer
# 2
04-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Ummm, lifetime subscriptions were never part of any lockbox.... and probably never will be....
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Commander
# 3
04-08-2013, 01:22 AM
It will be niece option especially for people who don't live in US. I'd like to buy lifetime but in country where I live I would have to pay 300$ (which is almost half of my salary) + 23% VAT + 5% international money transfer fee. With this option buying LT would take much more time, but would be possible. Cryptic won't lose any money because still someone had to buy those ZEN first for $ and then put it in exchange.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
# 4
04-08-2013, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
It will be niece option especially for people who don't live in US. I'd like to buy lifetime but in country where I live I would have to pay 300$ (which is almost half of my salary) + 23% VAT + 5% international money transfer fee. With this option buying LT would take much more time, but would be possible. Cryptic won't lose any money because still someone had to buy those ZEN first for $ and then put it in exchange.
I dont think US has VAT

Thing is subs and LTS have that monthly stipend so if they will sell subs/LTS in c store they will have to be special editions or something without stipend ..because theres no reaon to pay the sub worth in zen and get 500 zen back...its stupid.To pay 1500 zen for 1 month sub without zen is fair imo .
Captain
# 5
04-08-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
I dont think US has VAT

Thing is subs and LTS have that monthly stipend so if they will sell subs/LTS in c store they will have to be special editions or something without stipend ..because theres no reaon to pay the sub worth in zen and get 500 zen back...its stupid.To pay 1500 zen for 1 month sub without zen is fair imo .
There have been several people complaining about a VAT-like system who are based in certain states of the US.

But I can pretty much promise you that LTS will never make it into the Cryptic Store, since that would basically allow for people to never ever buy Zen...

Example:
  1. LTS'ers offer their stipend as Dil->Zen Purchase (Total 30K great number of players).
  2. Silver players buy Zen for dil.
  3. Silver players byus LTS account for said zen
  4. return to 1, repeat

The C-Store quite simple is THE worst solution for Cryptic to sell LTS or Gold accounts in general, as it will in the long term make "real" zen purchases obsolete.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 6
04-08-2013, 07:16 AM
It doesn't make any sense from a business perspective.

Zen and Dilithium, regardless of how you get it, is already money paid to Cryptic. The LTS is intended to attract immediate lump sums. This proposal wants to remove the entire purpose of the LTS for absolutely no profit.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Commander
# 7
04-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
I dont think US has VAT
US maybe not, but guess what... not every STO player is from US, there are other countries in the world and yes... some of them had VAT.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Career Officer
# 8
04-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Never gonna happen from in game currency alone, as stated Cryptic would lose far too much money in the long term.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Career Officer
# 9
04-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Instead of adding lifetime subs for 30,000 zen, why not a one-month gold subscription for 1500 zen? This would be a system similar to EVE (allowing you to buy subscriptions using in-game currency) and not have the same problem of a perpetual source of zen stipends due to LTS that has been pointed by other posters.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 04-08-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
04-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Even a sub is too valuable a thing to put in store. A single month of a sub can unlock currency cap, extra character slot, extra inventory on all characters and also a shared storage.

1500 zen for that as opposed to buying each individually is a bit of a no-brainer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st