Career Officer
I just spent over 400,000 Fleet Marks trying to get Medical DOFFs for my fleet's starbase project, and out of literally 100s of Science Officers, I only got 10 Medical DOFFs.

It's long past due for you guys to fix this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-09-2013, 12:52 AM
yer it is ive done the same thing spent 500k in marks on doffs to get very few medical ones its a pain in the ass
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Amen, this is really getting old at this point. My fleet is trying to finish out tier 4 science before May, and all these blasted science DOFFs are annoying to deal with.

Operations and engineering isn't as bad, and tactical isn't an issue, while security are at least cheaper on the exchange.

But medical DOFFs...oi.

Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-09-2013, 01:36 PM
I started tracking all my starbase doffs a few weeks ago: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&usp=sharing

My observed results are pretty close to what I would expect if there is an equal chance to get each section within each department. Unfortunately, this causes problems when two departments (science/medical) are split 9/4, but starbase projects require an even amount of both (or more medical for T3). For Theoretical Modeling Projects III, I can expect it to take almost 250 packs before I get the 70 medical doffs to fill the project. That means I have more than enough science to fill almost three projects.

It doesn't help that Adip Yjhlam (Biochemist) is still bugged and listed as science instead of medical.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
This is why I don't buy from the random pool. I go to the exchange and look at hte specific category needed. Yes not everyone can afford to do so (Myself included) but you are guaranteed to get what you need...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Career Officer
# 6
04-10-2013, 11:08 PM
But all the more reason Borticus needs to take action and fix the Fleet DOFF Medical Crates, nobody wants to fork 50,000 EC for each Medical DOFF. For a T3 project, you are looking at over 1 million EC off the exchange. Or spending literally hundreds of thousands of their hard-earned fleet marks for trash.

This is one of many reasons why people are abaonding small fleets for larger ones. Because Cryptic did a very poor job in their planning.
Survivor of Remus
# 7
04-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
This is one of many reasons why people are abaonding small fleets for larger ones. Because Cryptic did a very poor job in their planning.
Cryptic planned this fine: People in small fleets shouldn't have ever expected to keep up with large fleets, welcome to reality. The system rewarded working together.

Besides, now that large fleets are starting to hit T5 (and enjoy having items others dont for a while, the benefit of having a fleet big enough to power through things), Cryptic is going to reduce prices on everything for the holdings in a future update, so smaller fleets can catch up.

I'm sure there will be some big T5 everything fleets whining about wanting refunds for all the stuff they paid before the price drop, but that is another fact of life: stuff gets cheaper, and you pay more money for the chance to have it first. (I paid like $700 for a PS3, for example)
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
04-11-2013, 08:43 AM
The following is just an IDEA, please don't take it as a promise of any potential changes. Just something I'd like to float past you, for feedback.

Altering the drop tables of the Doffs would be an extremely time-intensive procedure, with minimal payoff for the average player. So, as an alternate option, what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

Would that address this concern in an equitable manner?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The following is just an IDEA, please don't take it as a promise of any potential changes. Just something I'd like to float past you, for feedback.

Altering the drop tables of the Doffs would be an extremely time-intensive procedure, with minimal payoff for the average player. So, as an alternate option, what would happen if the "Medical Duty Officers" requirements on certain Projects was expanded to include "Science and Medical Duty Officers"?

To me, that would be fine since that's how we get them from the fleet dispenser...
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Lieutenant
# 10
04-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

Works for me.. Make it so!