Lt. Commander
# 1 Dilithium Claim
04-09-2013, 03:32 AM
Hi ,

Im I right in thinking, I have to get a dilithium claim from a dominion lock box and to do this I need a master key, but to get master key you either have to spend like 1million EC or pay with Zen?

I only have like 40k EC and dont really want to pay for any Zen. Is there any other way of getting the master keys for cheaper or by doing a mission?

If there is a mission.. where do i get it and from who please?

Thanks in advance.
Career Officer
# 2
04-09-2013, 04:57 AM
You can't get keys from missions, they only come from the Cstore or the Exchange. You can farm missions for the EC though. Admiral BoBo goes to war is a good foundry mission to run, especially if you crank the difficulty to Elite for that one mission. Its funny, gives you lots of chances to breathe and pays pretty well in the end. (200-400k depending on drops, more if you sell on the exchange)

Keys also cost about 1.5 million plus on the Exchange.

Cheers
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2013, 05:43 AM
Thank you
Captain
# 4
04-09-2013, 06:23 AM
just farm gorn minefield and sb24. if you are a tac, you dont even need a good build to beat the ppl there for the loot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Captain
# 5
04-09-2013, 10:19 PM
If you grind out dilithium to your refinement cap everyday, you can grind out enough dilithium=>125 Zen=>1 Key every other day. That is assuming an Exchange of 120 Dil=> 1 Zen and assuming 8000 refinement per day.

Easy way to get your dil cap per day is doing the following:
Alpha Quadrant SFA Daily- 480 Dilithium

Aiding the Deferi- 1440 Dilithium
Rescue the Deferi Captives-480 Dilthium
Emancipation Daily-480 Dilithiuim

Asteriod Mining Vaires but a few hundred or so if you are good.

Traelus System Satalite Repair. - 480 Dilithum

Turn over Contraband-2000 Dilthium for 5 Contraband

PVP also has a daily mission for completing 3 arenas daily YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIN IN ORDER TO GET THE DILTHIUM OR EVEN MORE DITHILIUM. However, it is a common courtesy that you at least try to win in a public queue.

These plus regular doses of STFs and Reputation Mark transition should get you more than your refinement cap per day. Certain Foundry missions also reward dilithium based on the length of the mission and how many you have done that day. Some of them are also really fun.

All of these should give you many ways of getting dilithium for Zen conversion. Also, once you start racking in the rich dilithium claims, you can keep up on your backstock of raw dilithium easily.
Captain
# 6
04-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
All of these should give you many ways of getting dilithium for Zen conversion. Also, once you start racking in the rich dilithium claims, you can keep up on your backstock of raw dilithium easily.
I love those things I use them on my klink, which I dont play. I parked it on DS9, and with the doff missions I can easily get 3k dilithium, so the rest 5k is great from the dilithium claim. that dilithium claim thing is great for non played characters to maximize dilithium cap (the only drawback is ofcourse the lobi you cant transfer)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
04-10-2013, 05:42 AM
So what exactly does the Dilithum Claim give?
You get one attempt at a rich dilithium node, but i have no idea what that means in real terms.
Farming dilithum to turn into zen to earn back dilithium seems counter productive, so I am guessing it must be really high?
Captain
# 8
04-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by operations2000 View Post
So what exactly does the Dilithum Claim give?
You get one attempt at a rich dilithium node, but i have no idea what that means in real terms.
Farming dilithum to turn into zen to earn back dilithium seems counter productive, so I am guessing it must be really high?
If you're not completely untrained in the mining game one dilithium claim will earn you 5000 dilithium. It's really not that difficult and done in a minute. But you can only turn in 1 claim per 20h.

Last edited by szim; 04-10-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Cheers PPL I tried PVP last night and it was quite profitable will keep going back I think.

Love the crazy multi ship dog fights
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
04-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
If you're not completely untrained in the mining game one dilithium claim will earn you 5000 dilithium. It's really not that difficult and done in a minute. But you can only turn in 1 claim per 20h.
Thanks for the info.
It sounds like a nice return for the time investment, though it would take 3 days before I saw any profit on the dilithium-zen invested to get a key.
Shall probably leave it till I am in need of lobi crystals, or have spare cash to buy keys.
Though buying contraband might be a cheaper way to earning dil if I don't want anything else from the lockbox.