Lieutenant
# 1 Defra Tuned Anti Borg Device
02-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Hi Everyone I am looking for some clarification regarding the Tuned Anti Borg Device you can craft on Defra. Before the patch on the 7th I crafted one of these for the first time as I had always been put off by it saying it was consumed on use but there was a zone wide mission to use it on 100 borg so I thought that it must be permanent and it appeared to be as I crafted one and got a common quality device and used it on over 100 borg. However sometime after the patch I noticed it had vanished out of my inventory and I am 100% certain that I did not discard it. I crafted a new one today only to get a crappy Uncommon version with a pithy 5 uses. Did they change this and not tell us or am I missing something?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaahhhhhnnnnn View Post
Hi Everyone I am looking for some clarification regarding the Tuned Anti Borg Device you can craft on Defra. Before the patch on the 7th I crafted one of these for the first time as I had always been put off by it saying it was consumed on use but there was a zone wide mission to use it on 100 borg so I thought that it must be permanent and it appeared to be as I crafted one and got a common quality device and used it on over 100 borg. However sometime after the patch I noticed it had vanished out of my inventory and I am 100% certain that I did not discard it. I crafted a new one today only to get a crappy Uncommon version with a pithy 5 uses. Did they change this and not tell us or am I missing something?

It is not the only thing that vanished. My Pattern Enhancer from the Devidian missions disappeared as well.
Career Officer
# 3
02-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
It is not the only thing that vanished. My Pattern Enhancer from the Devidian missions disappeared as well.
I read this, and figured "yea... This guy is nuts... Cryptic dosen't make things dissapear at random..."

... Logged in to check my Pattern Enhancer, and realized I am nuts too.

So devs... How are you making us nuts by not making things dissapear, but become invisible to us.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 4
02-08-2013, 06:06 AM
I'm not in STO atm, but I thought you had a choice of different remodulators, and none of them were used in the mission you're refering to.

The craftable one are the fractal (device that applies twice as fast as standard) and the pre-programmed (consumable that applies instantly). I don't think any of these are refered to as "tuned".

There is a mission you pick up the from girl handing out the Temple area missions. It's to kill borg with the aid of an "experimental" ("tuned"?) device . When you pickup the mission, you then have to ask her for the device. It does odd things to the borg, my favourite being when it shrinks the borg. I wouldn't be surprised that this disappears when you finish / hand in the mission.
Lieutenant
# 5
02-08-2013, 06:13 AM
No its not the remodulators I am talking about it is the Tuned Anti Borg Device that adds an Experimental effect to borg. Just checked my Triolic pattern enhancer and it's still there. Did you guys have your triolic pattern enhancers equipped in your third slot from the left because that is where I had my device
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2013, 07:31 AM
The anti-borg experimental device you get from the 100 borg mission is not consumable, but you lose it upon completion of the mission. The one you craft is consumable.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I read this, and figured "yea... This guy is nuts... Cryptic dosen't make things dissapear at random..."

You are not the first person to think so. You shan't be the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaahhhhhnnnnn View Post
No its not the remodulators I am talking about it is the Tuned Anti Borg Device that adds an Experimental effect to borg. Just checked my Triolic pattern enhancer and it's still there. Did you guys have your triolic pattern enhancers equipped in your third slot from the left because that is where I had my device

Yes, yes it was in my third slot.

I am glad I did not have my Shard of Possibilities there or something.
Ensign
# 8
04-13-2013, 11:38 AM
You're not losing it. Mine vanished as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
My nanopulse bat'leth from the Winter Wonderland event vanished too.
Career Officer
# 10
04-15-2013, 04:32 AM
There are two different 'Anti-Borg Device's the craft-able tuned one that has 5 charges and the experimental one that you get while doing that specific mission that is taken away when you hand it in
-----------------------------------------------

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f