Lt. Commander
# 11 Blank screen issue
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
I was also having the blank screen issue where the game would load up and I would get the black screen and have music playing in the background. What I found worked for me was to.

1) Update my video drivers
2) Load the game in safe mode (If it will not run then this may not work for you)
3) I went into the video options and adjusted my video setting (I'm at 1920 x 1080)
4) Exit game and log back in.

If this does not work try re-booting the computer and loging back in.

Hope this helps out.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
Same problem here. I got an ATI 3870. Possibly a problem with ATI drivers...
Hey, I also have a 3870! Did you get it working yet

Also, I can hear the sound! HELP!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_R
I was also having the blank screen issue where the game would load up and I would get the black screen and have music playing in the background. What I found worked for me was to.

1) Update my video drivers
2) Load the game in safe mode (If it will not run then this may not work for you)
3) I went into the video options and adjusted my video setting (I'm at 1920 x 1080)
4) Exit game and log back in.

If this does not work try re-booting the computer and loging back in.

Hope this helps out.
i did 1 2 3 4 plus 5 6 7 8 9 10.. i fear few more tries and my video card will explode
5 days of black screen im exhausted , completly giving up now .. the funny thing is cryptic did not really even respond to any of these topics exept "post ur dxdiag.txt file.."
probably my last post on this forum , im too tired.. gl & hf
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsycho View Post
i did 1 2 3 4 plus 5 6 7 8 9 10.. i fear few more tries and my video card will explode
5 days of black screen im exhausted , completly giving up now .. the funny thing is cryptic did not really even respond to any of these topics exept "post ur dxdiag.txt file.."
probably my last post on this forum , im too tired.. gl & hf
hope this doesnt happen to me...
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-19-2010, 01:09 AM
I also have this problem. I need to load the game in safe mode each time, then change it to the settings I want. If I try to load the game after that chosen settings, and not i safe mode, the screen turns black and I only hear the music. So I need to go back, and load it in safe mode again, and then pick my settings again. Annoying as hell. Fix this ASAP Cryptic!!!!!!!!!! I have a ATI 3870 card.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-19-2010, 09:09 AM
WTF is wrong with Cryptic? Who puts out such a buggy game nowadays with so much competition? Not being able to run on most video cards would be considered a very serious problem. Shouldn't there have been a utility that probes your video card like most online games? To see if your system could run the video??? Why in the world did I even bother with Pre-order and Beta then?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Are they ever gonna put a fix out for this? i have an intel 965r chipset video card it's hd and decent quality yet i freeze in safe mode and normal mode. I meet all the sys reqs , but no luck yet. tickets and tech support e-mails go unanswered. cmon Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 18 hmmmm
02-04-2010, 03:40 AM
did anyone press the minimize/window buttons?
Ensign
# 19
01-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Hiiiiiiiiiiiii I HAD the same problem and i have a amd radeon 3000 hd also a old one dont know but what i did was right click on the gamecleint.exe........C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live.........to get there soooooo right click and go to properties and go to compatibility and check the box that says..."run this program in compadibility mode for:...... then select windows xp (service pack 3)..... then it should work ...if not......then run as administrator
Closed Thread