Captain
# 1 power combo buttons?
03-10-2013, 06:11 AM
could we get a system to combine multiple powers into single buttons?

example, open list from tray icon
and to the right of the powers are 5 buttons labelled 1 2 3 4 and 5
into which you can drag up to 5 of your powers
then drag this button to your power tray, where hitting them chain activates the powers assigned to them.

sure we can use alt & crtl then mash keys on the numpad, to get alphas going but this would tidy it up.
and the tray too
t6 cruiser? keep it, i'd rather have aux to dampers 3.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Career Officer
# 2
03-10-2013, 06:26 AM
You can do this through key binding. There is an entire thread on some of the most popular keybinding of powers available, simply do a search for it. The OP put everything together and it is quite handy.

Alternatively, the Hilbert Guide also gives a snort introduction on how to do this as well.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 3
03-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Note that keybinds still require you to push the button to execute each operation in the chain, this was deliberate to prevent players from creating a "push one button to win" control.
Captain
# 4
03-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Note that keybinds still require you to push the button to execute each operation in the chain, this was deliberate to prevent players from creating a "push one button to win" control.
well, yea, activations times & shared cooldown etc.
figured those and the 5 power limit would do that since you are still looking at a 2 second+ activation cycle.
t6 cruiser? keep it, i'd rather have aux to dampers 3.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Can someone link this keybinding thread? I'd like to learn more about it, but probably looked for the wrong thing.
Captain
# 6
03-28-2013, 04:29 PM
The thread is called Keybinds For Dummies. It's stickied in the Academy section.
Captain
# 7
04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
The thread is called Keybinds For Dummies. It's stickied in the Academy section.
The "Keybinds for Dummies" post is kind of out of date. In particular, it has the wrong execution order for concatenated commands. A more recently edited version of that post is in the wiki:

http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Keybinds

Also, see the following PDF:

http://www.ifes.us/HowToKeybind/Star...ey%20Binds.pdf