Commander
Guys, come on, you paid $1.25 for every Master Key you put on the exchange, we're talking actual money spent for in game currency. Why would you degrade the worth of money you most likely worked your butt off for, for a measly 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 mil EC?

The fact some of you even sell for less than 800k is insane, why spend so much money to sell something for so little, and have such a small return on your investment?

1.8 million should be the very least you should ever sell a lock box key for. you paid money for it, why throw it in the crapper?
Captain
# 2
04-06-2013, 10:08 PM
The problem is that it's very easy to make a lot of Dilithium per day. I routinely refine 15-20k per day. With the current exchange rate Keys tend to fall from the sky. As such they don't have a lot of value to some players.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2013, 10:15 PM
I ask you this how mush do you want buy them for?
Oh some undercut to sell faster.
Ensign Yuuki- Engineering ,Omega-Squadron
Current Location: [Dyson Sphere]
Current Assignment: (Dyson Sphere) "Little,Big, Turkey Dinner"
12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets

=/\= =================/\=
Commander
# 4
04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenhawk View Post
I ask you this how mush do you want buy them for?
Oh some undercut to sell faster.
Sell faster yes, but throwing away so much for so little, is ridiculus. Circuit City tried undercutting, as did Block Buster.

It doesn't help, not at all.

They are putting fourth more work, and having less and less to show for it.
Commander
# 5
04-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Telling players how to play always works every time. What do they think this is, a free market?
Empire Veteran
# 6
04-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Better idea: Buy DOFF packs (currently the Fleet Support DOFF pack) those have a better Zen to EC ratio anyways.

Captain
# 7
04-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Is that still true? I thought that with the removal of the Bug promo, those packs would be junk again, being that they contain nothing but common-grade Starbase Food.
Career Officer
# 8
04-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Guys, come on, you paid $1.25 for every Master Key you put on the exchange, we're talking actual money spent for in game currency. Why would you degrade the worth of money you most likely worked your butt off for, for a measly 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 mil EC?

The fact some of you even sell for less than 800k is insane, why spend so much money to sell something for so little, and have such a small return on your investment?

1.8 million should be the very least you should ever sell a lock box key for. you paid money for it, why throw it in the crapper?
Maybe some players like myself are not a greedy as other players, maybe were trying to give other beginning players a break. Speaking for myself thou the boxes I have opened the items are not really that great and I came to realize that the price being charged for them was only that high out of personal greed and the desire to stick it to the new players.
Captain
# 9
04-06-2013, 10:50 PM
New players don't actually get a break when you underprice items, though. All that happens is that some merchant will buy it up and resell it at the correct price. The only ones that actually get a break when you underprice are the Ferrengi.
Commander
# 10
04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
New players don't actually get a break when you underprice items, though. All that happens is that some merchant will buy it up and resell it at the correct price. The only ones that actually get a break when you underprice are the Ferrengi.
CHACHING!!!

We have a winner!

About a week ago, I sold 15 keys at 1.5 mil a piece, all got all my e-mails they were bought, it was the EXACT same user everytime. I went on the exchange to take a look at keys, there wasn't a single key on the exchange for any less than 1.8 million. Players just buying cheaper keys, and reselling them at higher prices.

Look at the cheapest keys right now, compare that with 6 hours from now.

Last edited by benovide; 04-06-2013 at 10:56 PM.