Empire Veteran
...Or just a break from them?

Please leave all the normal complaints of how 'the projects add nothing and cost too much' at the door folks, this thread is NOT that thread-of-the-week on that this week.

I knew eventually they'd run out, but I wonder if this is just them taking a break from giving the Starbase any projects, or if they are truly out of Featured Projects for it. To be honest, I rather hope they are done with it, because then there aren't as many to deal with honestly, then there's only one once in awhile to deal with on the Embassy (and other eventual Outposts).

Captain
# 2
04-10-2013, 12:31 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...01#post9141701
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 3
04-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Well it was only a matter of time, they did say long ago that they were going to cycle the projects after a period of time. The question is, are they going to reduce the costs on the old projects like they said they were going to do, or keep it at 200k?

And wouldn't be surprised that they add a couple of new Starbase projects in future Seasons. Like how some fleets wanting to put their Fleet Logo on the hull of their station.

Last edited by azurianstar; 04-10-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Captain
# 4
04-10-2013, 12:51 AM
lower the cost? they should double it..
its not their fault you didnt get it the first time..

why make it so those who did get shafted.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-10-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Ah ok, thank you for that link. I almost never read the 'News Network' forum, because of how quickly those threads can reach mega-length and I have to sit through pages and pages of replies. Guess I was right then, thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Well it was only a matter of time, they did say long ago that they were going to cycle the projects after a period of time. The question is, are they going to reduce the costs on the old projects like they said they were going to do, or keep it at 200k?

And wouldn't be surprised that they add a couple of new Starbase projects in future Seasons. Like how some fleets wanting to put their Fleet Logo on the hull of their station.
That's true. And once they did break for a couple weeks to give everyone the chance to do all the old ones up to that point, so maybe they might end up being permanent or something, allowing everyone the chance to get them all, who knows.

And I wouldn't mind them being cheaper, the KDF side of my fleet skipped a bunch of these because the dil was needed elsewhere, so to have it match our fed side more would be pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post

Regardless of cost, there are plenty of fleets who won't ever do the projects regardless, there's almost a weekly thread every time a new project comes out about someone complaining about it.

Besides, all those fleets who paid the 200k got their 200k worth of Fleet credits out of the project, and a small, permanent upgrade to their SB and Embassy first. And more importantly, they got it EARLIER, which is really what they paid for, to have it first.

If anything, if they lower the cost, it makes people more inclined to want to do them, because it means more possibly sales for them, and while I hate to say it: It's a good thing. So people get a 2nd chance, possibly for cheaper, they make money, and only those who already got it have a reason to complain.

the Fed side of my fleet has done every single last one of these ever since they first started, and I don't really care if they ever release them cheaper, because like I said to Azurian, my KDF side skipped a few, so that would let us 'catch up'.

Captain
# 6
04-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Thank you for wanting to keep it civil.

To be frank, I wouldn't care if they released a SB project for a while in favor of the Embassy or simply devote resources to something else entirely. For me, it's not about cost - I find that aspect trivial because the Special Projects are only added aesthetics - I consider them distractions to the majority of Fleets.

I think, if a Starbase and Embassy were customizable other than Special Projects, then people would be more than willing to spend time and effort on them. Thus, the Special projects would truly be what they are: making the locale "better" visually.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 7
04-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:

Gameplay changes all the time. There is nothing you can do about it, nor would reducing the cost "shaft" anyone.

As an example, my friends and I farmed Rikti Monkeys in CoX for weeks to get the 10,000 Monkeys for the Zookeper badge . A few weeks later the Devs reduced the requirement to 1,000.

You'll still have the upgraded item if the price gets reduced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
The cost of actually commissioning an artisan to make a real physical model of my starship using 1 pound of 14k gold will probably cost less than creating a "gold ship" in STO.
Career Officer
# 8
04-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:

I guess you really hate it then, when retail stores put stuff on sale...

......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...
Captain
# 9
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:

Is this that argument that because your father had to walk 5 miles to school every day you should too?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.