Toggle (20 max)
5 kilometer Sphere
0.5 sec activate
3 min recharge
To all enemies within 5.0km:
-200% Flight Speed
(-400% Flight Speed vs. Small Craft)
-150% Turn Rate
-150% Power Recharge Speed
To self when equipped on Temporal Science Vessel or Temporal Destroyer:
+50% Flight Speed
+100% Turn Rate
+150% Power Recharge Speed
Hull/Shield Repair + Recharge Time Reduction
Set Bonus: Hold All foes in a 5k Radius for 7 seconds if a Manheim Device is equipped. Held foes are Untargettable
To Self: Untargettable and held for 7 seconds while time rewinds
After 2 seconds, move backwards to your approximate previous position
After 2 seconds, +1380 Hit Points per sec for 5 seconds
After 2 seconds, 450 Shield Regeneration to each facing per sec for 5 seconds
-5 seconds to the current recharge time of abilities
I think the big thing I see is the Inversion field can last up to 20 seconds, and not only significantly slows everything within 5k but also significantly reduces their power recharge ability. The user however gets the exact opposite and can move freely to cover the maximum amount of foes. I had a conversation with a buddy of mine and he noted that inversion field only affects abilities already on cooldown so that is a plus, plus, seeing that it is a toggle ability, I wonder if it can be shocked off the user.
As you can see, backstep really isn't on the same level until you add a Manheim Device. Without it, it is more or less an RSP with the added bonus of reducing cooldowns or restoring abilities like heals, but not SNB (I already tested that, I think it doesn't affect captains abilities at all)
Picture Stewie Griffith mad...
Picture him looking at his screen while playing STO after somebody use TIF...
Now before you think he's mad because of the TIF, look closer...
Do you see where TIF has caused him to desync...?
So now he may either need to restart the game or continue at subpar performance until he can...
Picture Stewie Griffith mad...
1) - Backstep can only be used by timeships, while inversion can be used by any.
2) - Backstep is basically a glorified miracle worker that, if you waste another console slot, can disable any enemy ships within range. The balance for this is these ships aren't targetable and such a freeze can in fact give them time to plan.
So, you can use two console slots to make you and the enemy invincible for a few seconds.
3) - While it doesn't remove buffs, inversion is pretty much an AOE SNB/chroniton-torp that can be used by any career. No chance to miss, no chance to resist and no chance to counter. It has no balance to it what so ever.
Temporal Backstep is essentially a decent hull heal + shield heal + skill cooldown boost.
Temporal Inversion is an AoE 5km radius slow-field that also lengthens power cooldown cycles of all enemy ships. Time ships using TI also gains accelerated movement, faster turn rate, and quicker power recharge speeds. This effect lasts 20 seconds. The biggest problem with the Temporal Warfare set is that its slow-field works on any ship, while the movement speed and power recharge acceleration only works on time ships. Perhaps these two stats should have been reversed to prevent team-wide proliferation.
I have always flown a Mobius Destroyer with the full Temporal Warfare set and Tipler Cylinder since its initial release. The Manheim Device was tested but observed to be more hindrance than help). Many folks on the forums using the Mobius insisted that the Temporal Warfare set was a waste of lobi and preferred to slot 4 DHC's front. I can't believe how quickly times have changed (sorry, couldn't help it
Here are some suggestions for how Cryptic can nerf Temporal Inversion's team PVP impact without negatively affecting individual users:
1) add an immunity timer to all affected ships after the first TI-field expires. The latter patch has been used on previously OP abilities like Photonic Shock Wave back when it disabled everything, so such a change would not be completely without precedent.
2) TI's AoE field can also be changed into a one-time AoE debuff that can be stripped off by Sci-Team (much like scramble sensors).
3) Make all Temporal Inversion Fields non-stacking