Captain
# 41
04-10-2013, 09:43 PM
I think that the fact the spike/healing is "balanced" around the fact you need 100% EptS is stupid. I like the change, although I feel PuGs and new players in PvP will be slaughtered on masse.

Maybe the effects from higher shield power should be increased, to compensate a litte.

Overall, I look forward to test it on tribble.

Btw. an idea. What about to change the duration of the bonus scaling from the rank ?

I: 20s
II: 25s
III: 30s
Captain
# 42
04-10-2013, 09:45 PM
You've flown against me enough don't to know I'm not clueless.

Honestly they have done an across the board resist reduction before... and it didn't help anything because. What one hand at cryptic fixes... the other nullifies with power creep.

A resist reduction will just make the next + resist item that gets dropped all that much more needed.

The only way to long term fix it is with changes to global cool downs.

100% uptime was never good design... and I think we all know that.

Does this change make Battle clock stronger... yes I will agree with that. Honestly with the rom dropping at the same time and them looking to sell ships. Of course I'm sure when the guys at cryptic working toward balanced pitched it... the guys at cryptic only interested in sell through agreed.

I do think this is a good idea... I have been talking about making healing more active for a long time. I talked about changing team skill global cool downs and moving around clears to push multi heal builds for a long time. Right now its FAR FAR to easy to load tac team epts and laugh off everything.

I'm ok with EPTS not being the be all and end all... however I myself would couple this EPTS change with my suggested change to the team skills... that would give people more roll options in terms of defense.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lieutenant
# 43
04-10-2013, 09:47 PM
why not pop a tss3/haz in between the down time????? -_^ tss3,tss2,haz1 epts x2,wouldnt that work?? i dont see it as an OMG pwnage.
Captain
# 44
04-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I: 20s
II: 25s
III: 30s
I could see the logic in it...

Of course I think new players and selfish ones would be more likely to load dual EPTS 3 builds again... and overall that won't help them... and make pugs even more painful.
Captain
# 45
04-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurrachi View Post
why not pop a tss3/haz in between the down time????? -_^ tss3,tss2,haz1 epts x2,wouldnt that work?? i dont see it as an OMG pwnage.
THIS exactly.

We have so many healing options... there are ways to cover your backside with out having to chain EPTS.

I am serious I don't chain EPTS now... I use doffs on most of my builds... but I do end up missing procs now and then and go with out EPTS for 15s at a time... and I don't die because of that EVER.

I pay attention and when I don't proc... I have TSS or heck I'll even evasive at half throttle. lol

People are going to have to learn to PLAY instead of macro. (or push there epts every 30s anyway)... I think this will be very good for the game.
Captain
# 46
04-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I could see the logic in it...

Of course I think new players and selfish ones would be more likely to load dual EPTS 3 builds again... and overall that won't help them... and make pugs even more painful.
Ye but then I realized it wouldn't help cruisers. Because it would leave your engineering ensign spots useless. I mean, I would love to use EptW 3 on my Galaxy, but what should I put in those 3 ensign spots ?

There needs to be more engineering ensign skills as well...
Lieutenant
# 47
04-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
THIS exactly.

We have so many healing options... there are ways to cover your backside with out having to chain EPTS.

I am serious I don't chain EPTS now... I use doffs on most of my builds... but I do end up missing procs now and then and go with out EPTS for 15s at a time... and I don't die because of that EVER.

I pay attention and when I don't proc... I have TSS or heck I'll even evasive at half throttle. lol

People are going to have to learn to PLAY instead of macro. (or push there epts every 30s anyway)... I think this will be very good for the game.
people who actually fly,wont be affected i think. just the ones that rely on 100% up time lol. just means its time to change the build,but there options to compensate for the down time. should be interesting

Last edited by blurrachi; 04-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Rihannsu
# 48
04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
And with all new changes on tribble....

Come new and funny bugs..

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...61#post9162461
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 49
04-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
And with all new changes on tribble....

Come new and funny bugs..

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...61#post9162461
haha could you imagine the QQ if that went live with the new rommy kids getting detected all the time.
Captain
# 50
04-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurrachi View Post
people who actually fly,wont be affected i think. just the ones that rely on 100% up time lol. just means its time to change the build,but there options to compensate for the down time. should be interesting
It's not just about uptime. No doubt that is there for many people. I've got that concern on certain toons. It's also about downtime though.

Currently, a single EPtS1 is 30s up, 15s down. The proposed change is 20s up, 25s down.

Sure, some are seeing a 33% reduction in uptime. Some are seeing the 167% increase in downtime.

It's not just that it only lasts 20s now...but that it will be another 25s before you can use it again. Unless you do slot two of them or you gamble with DCE DOFFs in the hope that it is only 10s again.

Of the choices, running 2x EPtS for a 10s gap is better than running EPtS/EPtX or a single EPtS. It appears to feed the problem of folks running them instead of curbing it. In the process, it's creating an additional Yo-Yo mechanic where during 10s they're without it - but for 20s they've still got the buff many think too strong.

For the most part, the damage in the game is balanced too much around high resists. If you change one without changing the other...then you're only making it worse.

Course, I've got a guy that doesn't run EPtS. Then again, he doesn't even run TT. And you know what? He does just fine. WTF?

He's a Sci in a Hegh'ta with 4x Sci BOFFs.

TSS1, TB2, VM1, GW3
PH1, HE2, PSW1
ST1, TR1
JS1, SS1

He's not going to sit there and try to duel a Bug. He decloaks for some mayhem and if things start to get rough...he's not there.

The guy in a snoozer...he doesn't have those options. The Bug will alpha during that 10-25s EPtS is down.

As aside, something that folks may also be overlooking is the effect that the change to EPtS will have on ExS. ExS is modified by shield power....so keep an eye out for whether the healer has EPtS up or not - cause it will affect their ExS.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin