Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
# 51
04-11-2013, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I'm not sure I understand what your position is. Are you saying that the ship class with the highest damage should have equal survivability to the other ship classes?
If you cant get the same amount of survivability out of sci ship an crusers your not doing it right... of course if i say that after this proposed change i an got a leg to stand on but it is gona hurt the sci ships an crusers the most....
"But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."

Last edited by chorkswald; 04-11-2013 at 04:37 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,177
# 52
04-11-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorkswald View Post
If you cant get the same amount of survivability out of sci ship an crusers your not doing it right... of course if i say that after this proposed change i an got a leg to stand on but it is gona hurt the sci ships an crusers the most....
I think you misunderstood me. What I am saying is that you should be able to get more survivability out of a cruiser and science ship than an escort. To compensate for the 10-second gap in EPtS, I am suggesting that all ships be given native shield and hull resistances, with escorts receiving the least and cruisers and science ships receiving more. What is your objection to this?

Last edited by frtoaster; 04-11-2013 at 04:48 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
# 53
04-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I think you misunderstood me. What I am saying is that you should be able to get more survivability out of a cruiser and science ship than an escort. To compensate for the 10-second gap in EPtS, I am suggesting that all ships be given native shield and hull resistances, with escorts receiving the least and cruisers and science ships receiving more. What is your objection to this?
A. the shield cap thing you speak of already exists cruses 1.0/1.1 shield modifier escorts 0.9/0.99 shield modifier an sci ship 1.3/1.43 modifier
B. In what world dose the shield tank get to have more Armour than an escort
"But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,177
# 54
04-11-2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorkswald View Post
A. the shield cap thing you speak of already exists cruses 1.0/1.1 shield modifier escorts 0.9/0.99 shield modifier an sci ship 1.3/1.43 modifier
B. In what world dose the shield tank get to have more Armour than an escort
A. I am talking about shield resistances, not shield caps.
B. What do you suggest that escorts trade for their damage then, if not survivability?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,926
# 55
04-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
A. I am talking about shield resistances, not shield caps.
B. What do you suggest that escorts trade for their damage then, if not survivability?
They could trade speed for it , hah. But that we already have in a battlecruiser.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
# 56
04-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
A. I am talking about shield resistances, not shield caps.
B. What do you suggest that escorts trade for their damage then, if not survivability?
If i lose my survivability i am gona go for so hard into doing more damage it will make your head spin this is my escourt with 2 copys of EPT-S 1 just imagine if i go for EPT-W (I Need A Tac Team)
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30mn6f6&s=6
"But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."

Last edited by chorkswald; 04-11-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,177
# 57
04-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorkswald View Post
If i lose my survivability i am gona go for so hard into doing more damage it will make your head spin this is my escourt with 2 copys of EPT-S 1 just imagine if i go for EPT-W (I Need A Tac Team)
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30mn6f6&s=6
I'm not sure I understand your argument. Do you agree or disagree with my idea to give ships native resistances to compensate for the 10-second gap in EPtS? If you agree with that idea, are you saying that escorts should be given equal resistances to the other two classes? If so, why?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
# 58
04-11-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
I'm not sure I understand your argument. Do you agree or disagree with my idea to give ships native resistances to compensate for the 10-second gap in EPtS? If you agree with that idea, are you saying that escorts should be given equal resistances to the other two classes? If so, why?
As it is escorts are sacrificing dps for survivability if they cant get that survivability because of some resist cap based on there shields they are gona go for more damage to compensate......
"But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her home."

Last edited by chorkswald; 04-11-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,926
# 59
04-11-2013, 05:31 AM
People were going to get the escort tanking ability nerfed. Now it happened, everyone is mad.

Be careful what you whine for. It will be done horribly wrong.

However, I still dont see why PVE wise its such a big deal.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 60
04-11-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorkswald View Post
As it is escorts are sacrificing dps for survivability if they can get that survivability because of some resist cap based on there shields they are gona go for more damage to compensate......
Huh, escort sacrficies nothing. You just get EPtW and EptS together with damage control doffs, much like cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
However, I still dont see why PVE wise its such a big deal.
It is not...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM.