Lt. Commander
# 1 New Billing Response Immediately.
06-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Okay, my credit card has been charged 15 bucks this month without my permission. My account was in good standing and still had time left on it as I use game cards to pay for the sub. I only used the CC for the first month of play upon initial purchase. There was never any agreement to continue to be charged after that.

Upon checking the website, I also am on tap to be charged monthly for the next 4 months, something I did not agree to as well. Upon calling the phone number on my CC bill, A lady informed me that Cryptic has no billing phone number and that this is the only way to address the issue. I find this highly unprofessional and require a response quickly. I do not wish my CC to be billed any further. I will use game cards only. That has always been the plan.

What I do not understand further is why I was billed in the first place, as my account was still active? Please do not make me cancel my credit card to resolve this issue. Thank you.

*Update
Upon looking over the billing options, I do not see the option to just pay for 1 month. If this is the case, I would like the CC removed from my account period. I want to pay only buy a game card or not at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-29-2010, 05:56 PM
updated. Still awaiting a response.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-29-2010, 06:58 PM
billing matters are not handle on the forum,
1 The billing people do not look at the forum
2. billing only works mon - fri 9 am to 5 pm PDT.

you need to create a billing ticket. best you can hope for on the forum is if a dev see the post and gets someone to look in to it and that is usually only have you submitted and ticket and no one responded to it in a reasonable time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
I have done that. I have received no response.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-29-2010, 07:07 PM
well since billing has gone home the eariest you will get a reply is tomorrow. Support goal is to respond within 24 hours depending on how many ticket they are processing. (it is first come first serve)

and depending on the time when you submitted the ticket they may not even see it until tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobas
Okay, my credit card has been charged 15 bucks this month without my permission. My account was in good standing and still had time left on it as I use game cards to pay for the sub. I only used the CC for the first month of play upon initial purchase. There was never any agreement to continue to be charged after that.

Upon checking the website, I also am on tap to be charged monthly for the next 4 months, something I did not agree to as well. Upon calling the phone number on my CC bill, A lady informed me that Cryptic has no billing phone number and that this is the only way to address the issue. I find this highly unprofessional and require a response quickly. I do not wish my CC to be billed any further. I will use game cards only. That has always been the plan.

What I do not understand further is why I was billed in the first place, as my account was still active? Please do not make me cancel my credit card to resolve this issue. Thank you.

*Update
Upon looking over the billing options, I do not see the option to just pay for 1 month. If this is the case, I would like the CC removed from my account period. I want to pay only buy a game card or not at all.
First I will say I am no billing rep, but I can look at accounts. One thing I saw was that a 1 month reoccurring subscription was set up on 2/10/10. This subscription was never canceled when you were adding game time to your account, and most likely this was set up during the addition of STO to your account. Keep in mind we do not manage users subscriptions and never will. We will correct issues or errors but account management is in the users control. Now when billing gets to your account they will do what they can, but you need to have patience.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-30-2010, 04:42 PM
It's alright. I solved the problem. I completely understand that things take time to be sorted out. When it come to a billing situation, it can be frustrating on both ends. I have always been against using CC's on online games and this just cements my feelings on the matter. After looking over the subscription options, part of the fault lies on me, as I thought I was only paying for one month, probably out of excitement. I was wrong.

I truly love STO, and have no other complaints about the game. I will miss the fun I had here. Sadly, I chose instead to cancel my subscription. Should I return one day, maybe I will be a bit smarter about it and start off with a game card as payment. For now though, I feel like the process it took to get a response to my billing issue (I never even got a response to be honest besides in this thread.) was not acceptable. I am a paying customer like many others, and when dealing with money issues, 24 hours should have been the max time I had to wait. I feel that if I had shorted cryptic money, or if they felt my account was in question, they would have handled it immediately. The same should work both ways.

Thank you for the fun while it lasted.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Stuff like this disturbs me & I for one am sorry you have had to make such an obvious yet presumably difficult choice, since you enjoy the game.

If somethng happened like this in my buisness (ie i charged you before i said i would, and did not contact you about the matter AT ALL i would be very eager to salvage the situation and do what ever was needed to keep you as a valued customer.

Personally i think it is shamefull that you can *only* subscribe with a recurring payment in the first place, it smacks of greed. Greed that relies on peoples excitment of wanting to play the game to then sign upto the only choice. Lets face it, who has the foresite to grab a game card when they buy the game?

After reading this I decided to double check my own sub. At frst I added a credit card, then the process bugged out, had to do it all again then I noticed i could pay with paypal, and did just that.

When i look at my sub the first suggestion is that in 19 or so days *paypal* will be charged but on closer inspection (the next page) it is actually the credit card that is ticked and not paypal... So i have zero clue which source will be charged.... one part suggests it will be paypal and the other suggests it will be the credit card. It will be interesting to see what happens because even tho i did add a credit card.

ANYWAY. What poor service the OP has had. I truely feel for you and will be keeping a very close eye regarding my own billing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-01-2010, 03:04 AM
From what I can tell of the way the account system is set up canceling is actually what you should have done in the first place. by canceling you assure your card won't be charged then when you add a timecard you get your time and presumably the credit card still won't be charged when the time runs out. alternativly I'm pretty sure there is an option to remove all your credit card details which should acomplish the same goal.
Closed Thread