Lt. Commander
# 91
01-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhal
@Tpek
what problem did your isp solve?
I had the problem that when I ran the game, the "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" window would appear there and that's basically it.

It seems Cryptic has problematic net infrastructure, and so not all ISPs have such great connection to it. I had to talk with mine to get them to fix the problem for me.
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-17-2010, 12:28 PM
I had the same issue this morning. I downloaded the Beta Client last night. The "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" Window would appear and begin cycling through attempts. I had to give the program permission to launch through the fire wall. I know people have mentioned to do this with various replies stating that they had, but I thought I had too. I actually had to add the Star Trek Online .exe file to the list. The one that showed up in the list automatically was the Star Trek Online Downlader. So maybe just check to make sure that you are not doing the same thing.

Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 93
01-17-2010, 12:46 PM
im going to reinstall this now should i downlaod from steam or your downloader?
Lt. Commander
# 94
01-17-2010, 01:16 PM
012 Tech Support didn't help?
Lt. Commander
# 95
01-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal_Bunny
I had the same issue this morning. I downloaded the Beta Client last night. The "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" Window would appear and begin cycling through attempts. I had to give the program permission to launch through the fire wall. I know people have mentioned to do this with various replies stating that they had, but I thought I had too. I actually had to add the Star Trek Online .exe file to the list. The one that showed up in the list automatically was the Star Trek Online Downlader. So maybe just check to make sure that you are not doing the same thing.

Cheers.
yup ive added the .exe file to the windows list of exceptions and my kaspersky list ive tried it with turning both firewalls off, my ports are showing up as not connected but ive opened them all up :\ if this happens with the real game im kinda buggered seeing as ive paid for it

Right ive tried turning off my firewall ive just opened up all ports from 7000-7500 TCP and UDP as well as doing all the individual ports that were shown up as not being connected on the nettest, ive called up my isp they've tried redoing the ports for me

Im in the UK, using a BT homehub 2.0

heres a copy of my nettest i really just want to get this game running seeing as ive paid for it :\ anyone got any other ideas, im gonna call up cryptic tomorrow i guess, ive pretty much done everything on this thread any help mods?

contacting nettest server..
Local IP@86.159.27.170
Ping 130.5 msec
Port: 80 22kb/sec 13kb/sec 32kb/sec
Port 80 44kb/sec 14kb/sec 55kb/sec
Port 443: 35kb/sec 10kb/sec 46kb/sec
Port 443: 35kb/sec 19kb/sec 48kb/sec
Port 7225: timed out
Port: 7003: timed out
port 7202 times out
port 7499: timed out

It just get stuck on 7225 now even though its open on TCP and UDP ?

any ideas
Lt. Commander
# 96
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
@tpek

nope they were usless they just showed me where to open the ports ( lost my password) but yeah ive opened them and there still timing out does it matter if ive opened them in both TCP and UDP
Lt. Commander
# 97
01-17-2010, 02:31 PM
On a BT home hub myself and it is just hanging up on port 7255 as well. Not sure what to do =/

**edit** Never mind its just decided to start working again and not hang up... how very odd.
Lt. Commander
# 98
01-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
The option is -autopatchtimeout, and it takes a number of seconds to set the timeout to. Try something like 10000. You need to edit your shortcut or otherwise pass it as a command-line option to the launcher itself.
Could you explain how to do this please?

Do I add this to where it says Target, after the name of the file?

Like "C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online.exe" -autopatchtimeout 10000

and "C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -autopatchtimeout 10000

Is this correct? Lol that's over 166 hours. Plenty of time. If I did it right I'll go put this in the shortcut right now. Just let me know if this is right, please.

If this is correct, THANK YOU so much CR. You are amazing! My friends who I've been bothering will be thrilled they don't need to help me anymore on this every time. The launchers haven't had an update for a while though, so we shall see next time it needs an update how that goes.

I put it in anyway while I wait for a reply. It's ok if you're too busy just to confirm I did it right. At least thanks for replying to my other post, saying you posted it here.
Lt. Commander
# 99
01-17-2010, 02:55 PM
i think ive just got it working ill let you know how i get on

right i got the pre order from steam what ive done is gone into my root files gone the the steam folder, steamapps, then common, the hit star trek online, in there is a folder called live, in that folder there is the gameclient.exe double click run as admin and thats it fixed

ill update as soon as i know if it works fully at the moment im having problems connecting to the account server :\ may just be a server issue. hopefully
Lt. Commander
# 100
01-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron
Could you explain how to do this please?

Do I add this to where it says Target, after the name of the file?

Like "C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Champions Online.exe" -autopatchtimeout 10000

and "C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe" -autopatchtimeout 10000

Is this correct? Lol that's over 166 hours. Plenty of time. If I did it right I'll go put this in the shortcut right now. Just let me know if this is right, please.

If this is correct, THANK YOU so much CR. You are amazing! My friends who I've been bothering will be thrilled they don't need to help me anymore on this every time. The launchers haven't had an update for a while though, so we shall see next time it needs an update how that goes.

I put it in anyway while I wait for a reply. It's ok if you're too busy just to confirm I did it right. At least thanks for replying to my other post, saying you posted it here.
Yes, that should be correct.
Closed Thread