Lt. Commander
# 101
01-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Thank you CR! You and Implausible rock out loud! Thank you so much, really.
Lt. Commander
# 102
01-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi guys i have windows 7. And the same autupdate launcher problem i have no idea how to get it working. I am also a university student living in university accomodation so i am not in direct control of my internet access, please help ive pre ordered the game and i am worried i wont be able to play it!
Lt. Commander
# 103
01-17-2010, 02:45 PM
little, have you tried following the directions CR gave me on the previous page to extend the launcher update timer to whatever you like? If it's not a time out error, well, I tried to help. Sorry.

Thanks again CR. Back to the download. A month and 3 days and I think I will finally get to playtest today. 250mb to go. Go me, woot.
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Cheer Bron,

Umm i little rubbish a computer i dont really understand what im supposed to do so could explain sorry for being a pain

Thanks again
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
If nettest times out, you have something blocking outgoing connections. Check your computer for firewalls, run hijackthis, and be sure you are on a good connection (read: not wireless).
I do appreciate your help but none of the ideas so far have my particular problem. Time Warner cable does not (according to their tech area) restrict, block or otherwise stop any ports. My firewall is off, defender is off...i am not running any other anitvirus software. Unless you can think of some other switches...

It is ALL off.

the nettest still times out. Please respond with something other than 'something is blocking outgoing connections'....there isnt anything else i know of to cut or switch off...as stated in previous posts-a friend of mine lives 25 miles away...we use the same ISP (roadrunner)...he can access the game fine while my autoupdater just keeps spinning away trying to connect...i can ping the sto site with no data loss...i can access and have been playing ********* while trying to figure out what is wrong with sto...i have uninstalled/reinstalled the game...

i am trying to maintain my patience; however, i have been fiddling with this since last thursday with no progress whatsoever...
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-17-2010, 02:59 PM
sorry...should have said 'solved'...none of the ideas so far have solved my particular problem...
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-17-2010, 03:11 PM
just read that message back and its very baddly written lol.

Right i am not very good with computers and would like some detailed instructions on how to do this

cheers for your help Bron
Lt. Commander
# 108
01-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelodge View Post
Hi guys i have windows 7. And the same autupdate launcher problem i have no idea how to get it working. I am also a university student living in university accomodation so i am not in direct control of my internet access, please help ive pre ordered the game and i am worried i wont be able to play it!
Most university block ports that are not normaly used by comman applications like http, ftp,. So it is likely they are blocking or heavily filtering the packets on ports 7000-7500 to control p2p and unwanted file tranfers.
You will have to contact the university network admins with information of the ports and cryptic servers to get them to allow access.
Lt. Commander
# 109
01-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Cheers i've checked with my university administrators and you were right about them blocking the use of online games however i am able to allow me to gain access however i need to supply the protocol used and the port number, however i have no idea about what these are if anyone could help i will be really gratefull.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 110
01-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelodge View Post
Cheers i've checked with my university administrators and you were right about them blocking the use of online games however i am able to allow me to gain access however i need to supply the protocol used and the port number, however i have no idea about what these are if anyone could help i will be really gratefull.

Cheers
The ports and protocols were listed earlier in this thread.

Your firewall must be configured to allow the following outbound ports from your computer:
80 TCP
443 TCP
7255 TCP
7003 TCP
7202 TCP
7499 TCP
Closed Thread