Lt. Commander
# 141 BT HomeHub 2.0
01-30-2010, 06:56 AM
BT Home Hub 2.0 could possible be the problem here! Turn it off and back on see if it works
Lt. Commander
# 142 Possible Solution
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
This fix may help some, but will not apply to all. Either way, it is something that Cryptic should look into. I am using windows 7 and obviously this will apply to vista as well. I suspect XP will also have this issue, but i'm not sure.

Anyway, multiple accounts interfere with the auto launcher function. I'm unsure if this is an issue in the windows firewall, defender, or just the launcher in general. If you use multiple accounts, or trigger a multi account function within windows, the launcher is unable to connect to the remote servers. You can ping them, but the lanucher just won't connect. I have tested this over and over again, and the launcher only connects when that account that has launched it is active. All other accounts must be completely logged out, and have no services running.

If you have logged out all other users and are still having the problem then you should check to see if any of the other accounts services are still in memory. Typically services caught in memory are shared like svchost.exe. This is a general process and sometimes is not dumped when an account is logged out, or a program is shut down. Restarting your computer will solve that problem.

I know not everyone uses multiple accounts, but for those that do, this might be your problem. Or at least one of your problems lol.
Lt. Commander
# 143
02-01-2010, 12:48 AM
nothing mentioned in the previous 15 pages worth of posts is helping me. I pre-ordered and was able to play for 2 days of the open beta (which was understandably plagued with bugs). I have had a ticket in since the day I was unable to play (01/17/10) with no response. so far i've missed almost the whole open beta and head start. all i want is some bloody tech support.
Lt. Commander
# 144
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
i am in nearly the exact same circumstance; however, i have yet to even play the game...ive been trying to log on since jan 14. coderanger has been less than helpful...all i get from him is that if i fail the c-o nettest, then it is a blocked port on my end...even though i have timewarner cable wizards and 2 online 'port forwarding' sites telling me that i have no shaped/blocked or limited ports....

at this point, im nearly ready to demand my money back....but...nearly...i would like to enter the game and see what it is all about....maybe get a lifetime subscription...

anyone else have an idea? i will toggle or click anything on my computer...but am ready to firm down that it is cryptic...not me...

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 145
02-03-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm not using a router and my isp is fine and all my firewalls are down. still get timedout with nettest and still cant get past please be patient. I've got 4 kids I know patience but STO is my escape!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 146
02-03-2010, 10:47 AM
ok... i read most of this all nothing IN HERE TO HELP ME come on Cryptic Help us Play this game, i myself havent even played on second of this game from the moment i got it, and that SUCKS!
Lt. Commander
# 147
02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
yup, nothing working here either, this issue just started today
Lt. Commander
# 148
02-03-2010, 12:45 PM
ok i just made some space on my pc and wanted to put the STO installation on another plate so i uninstalled the old version of beta and headstart and installed the version i got with my dvd today and iam just like
"trying to update the launcher please be patient" i waited about 30 minutes
iam screwed ....i should have not uninstalled the old version...because that worked.*sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 149
02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCael_Zaniidor_Kylile
ok i just made some space on my pc and wanted to put the STO installation on another plate so i uninstalled the old version of beta and headstart and installed the version i got with my dvd today and iam just like
"trying to update the launcher please be patient" i waited about 30 minutes
iam screwed ....i should have not uninstalled the old version...because that worked.*sigh*
that suggests that it is a client issue and not our isps....

this really does point to the launcher itself?
Lt. Commander
# 150
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Been having this issue for the last two days since installing the patch on the 4th. After patching, whenever I tried to log in, the Login and Account Servers would time out. I tried reinstalling in hopes that that would fix the issue but instead I've been getting this now. Nettest times out, I'm able to ping the cryptic server, and the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate box that comes up just hangs there, even with -autopatchtimeout 10 appended. I've disabled my firewall and Windows Defender (Windows 7 user). Game was working find on the 2nd and the 3rd.
Closed Thread