Lt. Commander
# 31
01-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I already tried pinging the server and it worked perfectly, I even did a tracert and it reached it.

I have made an exception for the game in my firewall and even tried disabling it completely. I even forwarded the ports on the router.

Could it be an ISP problem?
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-15-2010, 12:47 PM
It could be, all I can say is that if nettest doesn't work, there is something wrong with your connection between that machine and our servers.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
It could be, all I can say is that if nettest doesn't work, there is something wrong with your connection between that machine and our servers.
http://s793.photobucket.com/albums/y...2.jpg&newest=1

I pinged the servers not sure what is up though. Not sure if you saw this coderanger.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Well,

I've played with my firewall and router as much as I could. But still no avail.

I am now reading on various gaming forums that people had similar problem with Champions Online (I didn't get that problem with CO though).
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I wonder if they will make a patch to address these issues or if they will by the time the game comes out. I don't want to keep a pre-order of a game if it won't work. Still not sure what to do, so I am downloading from another site because I noticed some of the regular client downloads either are have B or A in the numbered version.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-15-2010, 03:01 PM
I also have the Steam download. Two or three nights ago the server went down for maintenance while I was playing. After that night I was never able to get back on.

heres how I just got it working. theres an app posted in the thread "Game Launcher will not launch the game.. "

its called showlauncherwindows.exe . I run the game and then wait for the little window to disappear, all that is left is the task bar item that does not show. Then run the show launcherwindows.exe app and there we go. The first login window popped up.

Hope that helps at least some....
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Tried that app already.

The problem is, that we get a "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" window which just hangs there doing nothing. No I/O, Networking, CPU time or anything else. All you can do is close it.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-15-2010, 05:40 PM
That is exactly what was happening to myself. Just like the first post says.

Once the tiny little window that said "Trying To update the launcher , Please be patient , Tried connecting 1 time"
disappeared, nothing would happen.

I just got it to work by waiting for that tiny window to go away and then run that little app and it made a window show up that let me login and update the launcher. And now it no longer does that.
Lt. Commander
# 39 Launcher Auto Update issue
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
I also am having this issue. However I was able to play the beta last night after i downloaded the beta client with no issue. Now today i want to play again and the launcher has tried to connect 12 times so far. What is the deal. I have uptdated my drivers and still no luck.

Devs please simply reply whether or not you have an answer...

I have paid for the game in total.
I have also paid for the year upfront in total.
I hope people that have made an investment in this game are taken care of and not left in the dark.....

Patient yet Devoted gamer and Trekie
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I have tried the nettest and it times out 100% of the time. i can ping patchserver.crypticstudios.com just fine.

My roommate, who's desk is literally 3 feet away and we have the same connection has no problem logging in at all.

Any more assistance is appreciated.
Closed Thread