Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Rihannsu
With this weekend's shuttle event, a problem that I've previously experienced, reported, but never saw any fix or follow up leapt back to my attention. I decided to give reporting another try... because it's kind of frustrating to still see it around.

As a Federation-aligned Romulan character, I've used both the Kestrel Runabout and the Commander's Gig.

However, when using the bridge officer power Beam: Fire at Will I with the plasma beam arrays that come default with the shuttle, I've noticed that all I'm getting is the particle effect at the firing point of the beam array, but there's no ray visual, no impact indication on the enemy... and I'm not even sure it's causing any damage.

Please, could something be done about that?
Ayana Yirin, U.S.S. Sedna, Reconnaissance Science Vessel
Mhae ir-Circini t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer, Faeht Intel Warbird
Career Officer
# 2
05-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
With this weekend's shuttle event, a problem that I've previously experienced, reported, but never saw any fix or follow up leapt back to my attention. I decided to give reporting another try... because it's kind of frustrating to still see it around.

As a Federation-aligned Romulan character, I've used both the Kestrel Runabout and the Commander's Gig.

However, when using the bridge officer power Beam: Fire at Will I with the plasma beam arrays that come default with the shuttle, I've noticed that all I'm getting is the particle effect at the firing point of the beam array, but there's no ray visual, no impact indication on the enemy... and I'm not even sure it's causing any damage.

Please, could something be done about that?
The same thing happens when I use the Daeinos 'plasma lotus' ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Instead of asking the question "Why are players doing this?"

The question being asked is, "How do we stop players from doing this?"
Captain
# 3
05-30-2014, 11:17 AM
It's a known display bug.

It happens when multiple craft are in the same field of view. In my case 20+ ships does it for me. Not that hard to see in a 20-man Shuttle NWS, where a flight of 12 show up in view at one time.

The order in rendering places your vessel's beam weapons last.

It sucks. And the devs are aware of it, however there is no acknowledgement that it needs a fix, prioritized over many more necessary fixes.

Apparently it's not an easy fix.
Rihannsu
# 4
05-30-2014, 11:49 AM
I've seen the display bug you speak of with ships such as in the large slugfests that happen in Crystalline Entity Elite.

Though I think my issue may be a different animal.

However, Beam: Fire at Will for shuttle will not display beams and apparently register hits even if there are few opponents present. I saw that much in more controlled environments such as the PvE shuttle missions (i.e.: Operation Gamma).
Ayana Yirin, U.S.S. Sedna, Reconnaissance Science Vessel
Mhae ir-Circini t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer, Faeht Intel Warbird