Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
# 361
10-08-2013, 12:00 PM
If it was a $ matter, then we should be able to take up a collection for a specific fix; let us put our $ where we want it!
Ensign
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
# 362
10-09-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm still unable to edit my costume because parts are missing...guess why!

On an unrelated matter, I subscribed to gold status. Guess what that'll change? Nothing.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 714
# 363
10-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroup View Post
On an unrelated matter, I subscribed to gold status. Guess what that'll change? Nothing.
Hear is how the F2P Matrix describes customer service for gold and silver players:

Gold Members
Customer Service: Unlimited

Silver Players
Customer Service: Limited

So just what does this mean? Experience tells us that:

Most tickets by most silver players are never answered at all or closed without a response.
Most tickets by most gold players receive a response after eight days. The response is a copy and past apology for being unable to help, the ticket is then closed.

In either case my every experience and all anecdotal evidence supports the proposition that the F2P matrix is lying. There is no customer service. The GM team only exists at all to give the illusion that customer service exists when it does in fact not.

Now all that said the people who answer our support tickets have nothing to do with bug fixing. Indeed there is no evidence I am aware of that the GMs have any ability to effect anything about our characts at all. Their only powers seem to relate to our account privlages.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,391
# 364
10-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Customer via CSS Web 03/30/2013 10:02 AM
Hello again

Using the word quick in this here context is unreasonable.

I did submit a ticket and we also had a thread up in the bug forum for half a year, so I can appreciate if you feel I am wasting you people's time - I know exactly what that is like.

Also, the bug is not unknown, I just explained it. You are more than welcome to log on to all my characters that have the exact same thing play out in the exact same way with the exact same result - cross faction.

How to prevent it from happening however that might not be known. But, since it already happened to me I am interested in fixing it rather than preventing it.

And so I'd like to ask you to reset my Maco team commander and Maco commando accolades because that will fix it. I won't mind having all my accolades reset if that's the only way.

Alternately, reset my whole reputation system because frankly I could have gone through t5 six times by now waiting on a "quick resolve" and I don't see a fix coming, at all, outside what a GM might possibly be willing to do.
Quote:
Response Customer Support via Email 04/01/2013 06:47 PM
Hello again,

I apologize, however we will not be able to reset the reputation system for you. Additionally, we will not be able to grant completion of, nor reset the MACO Team Commander and MACO Commando accolades for you. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Kind regards,
GM
Yes, I signed up to have all my accolades throw away, having to replay all optionals and buy the costumes again.
That's the point this was at for me HALF A YEAR AGO and this is how important this is.

All I can say is, you launched season 7 saying we'd "save 60 % time" almost a year ago.

Where would you say we are at now captain...

What would be fair compensation at this point ?

/edit

PS. I can't put enough emphazies on how STF was killed for "easy access" etc. to the sets and how this is arguable the top item to unlock in the game.

This isn't just one bug among many this is THE bug that should have been worked out long, long, LONG ago.

Last edited by vestereng; 10-10-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
# 365
10-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacelli1 View Post
If it was a $ matter, then we should be able to take up a collection for a specific fix; let us put our $ where we want it!
A C-store bug-fix fund! Brilliant! Is it sad that it might be the only thing that gets them to place a higher value on fixing what they broke in the first place?

Last edited by deathangel444; 10-10-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 117
# 366
10-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Tweeted Brandon Felczer just now asking about the Roxy update ever coming, his response:

"no update unfortunately"

I have a feeling this is completely off the table, and they are now doing their best to just ignore it.
32nd Vipers PvP Team Member
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 475
# 367
10-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Yes, PWE.... We noticed that this was not fixed in today's update.... :mad
---------------------------------------------------
Sadly, I will NOT become a lifetime member due to PWE's absolutely horrid "customer service." If PWE corrects this, then I will reassess.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 475
# 368
10-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwstolemyname View Post
Hear is how the F2P Matrix describes customer service for gold and silver players:

Gold Members
Customer Service: Unlimited

Silver Players
Customer Service: Limited

So just what does this mean? Experience tells us that:

Most tickets by most silver players are never answered at all or closed without a response.
Most tickets by most gold players receive a response after eight days. The response is a copy and past apology for being unable to help, the ticket is then closed.

In either case my every experience and all anecdotal evidence supports the proposition that the F2P matrix is lying. There is no customer service. The GM team only exists at all to give the illusion that customer service exists when it does in fact not.

Now all that said the people who answer our support tickets have nothing to do with bug fixing. Indeed there is no evidence I am aware of that the GMs have any ability to effect anything about our characts at all. Their only powers seem to relate to our account privlages.
Yep - PWE's customer service is terrible - which is why I won't purchase a lifetime membership.
---------------------------------------------------
Sadly, I will NOT become a lifetime member due to PWE's absolutely horrid "customer service." If PWE corrects this, then I will reassess.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 475
# 369
10-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdez View Post
Tweeted Brandon Felczer just now asking about the Roxy update ever coming, his response:

"no update unfortunately"

I have a feeling this is completely off the table, and they are now doing their best to just ignore it.
Sounds like the answer to most of their other bugs...

They really need to do a "bug bash."
---------------------------------------------------
Sadly, I will NOT become a lifetime member due to PWE's absolutely horrid "customer service." If PWE corrects this, then I will reassess.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,101
# 370
10-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Sorry I haven't popped into this thread in a long while. I know that many of the existing issues with the Omega Rep costumes have not yet been addressed, and I'm perfectly aware that the fixes we attempted to institute in the past turned out to not be much help to anyone.

So, I'm here to update you all, to the best of my ability.

First off, I should fill you in that when we previously reviewed the issues brought up in this thread, we were doing so from the standpoint of attempting to diagnose errors with the Accolade and Reputation systems, which we could not (and still cannot) reproduce internally in a closed environment. In other words, we were mostly grasping at straws.

As we move forward towards other solutions, we've had to bring our Character Art team up to speed on the various reports, and attempt to triage any bugs with the Costumes themselves - their data structure, and the art assets. So far, they've had their schedules filled with making new art assets and haven't had much time to investigate this topic.

We're coming up on an opportunity to spend time to bring the focus back onto this issue, and potentially get it addressed once and for all. In order to more accurately analyze and debug the various concerns, it would be helpful if we could get a clean-cut list of what is wrong, under what circumstances.

I mean something that looks like the following:

* MACO Mk XII costume failed to unlock, when half-finished prior to Reputation System launch
* Klingon Honor Guard chest piece missing on Klingon Females
* Adapted Honor Guard helmet does not display on XX species/gender
* (etc).

The more concise you can be, the better. But being concise doesn't mean leaving out details.

Thank you for your assistance. I hope we can get a solution in place to most, or all, of these issues by the time Season 8 rolls out, or soon thereafter.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:26 AM.