Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, May 2nd, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 2
05-01-2013, 05:46 PM
What will happen for those who did not complete the 14 shard objective? Will the event be brought back later so it can be completed or some scaled down reward be given in its place?
Captain
# 3
05-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
What will happen for those who did not complete the 14 shard objective? Will the event be brought back later so it can be completed or some scaled down reward be given in its place?
For that matter...

Since active projects - Crystalline Catastrophe included - can't be changed or canceled, will it block those who didn't manage the fourteen shards from being able to take part in other event rep projects?
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-01-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't think Cryptic is having any other events from now till LOR, and when LOR starts you will be able to cancel projects.

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
05-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
If you are not able to complete it before the event ends, you need not to worry about it for now Having an unfinished event project slotted will in no way be a detriment to you at this time. When we eventually introduce a new event project, we should have a solution available for players to pursue and we'll make every effort to inform the community about it before action is needed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 6
05-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Will this patch address the connectivity issues people are having, or is it still being investigated?
@HyperLimited
Captain
# 7
05-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Will this patch address the connectivity issues people are having, or is it still being investigated?
now don't be silly as it would not be STO without the repeated server problems that we hate , cryptic are only interested in ramming new content into a broken engine which is riddled with bugs is it not ?

Last edited by usscapital; 05-01-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Lieutenant
# 8 DisMayed
05-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Good Question.

For me ... trying to load ...Earth Space Dock and Academy on Holodeck and Foundry has been prevented. I usually get 34 - 40 % before using the "Task Manager" to close the unresponsive game.

However .. my Klingon side appears to be unaffected. Qo'noS , Ship-yard and Academy load ..with lag. BUT otherwise playable.
Fleet Admiral Cassity
Delta Fleet
Career Officer
# 9
05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetadmcassity View Post
Good Question.

For me ... trying to load ...Earth Space Dock and Academy on Holodeck and Foundry has been prevented. I usually get 34 - 40 % before using the "Task Manager" to close the unresponsive game.

However .. my Klingon side appears to be unaffected. Qo'noS , Ship-yard and Academy load ..with lag. BUT otherwise playable.
Sure its not an ISP issue and not a Cryptic issue? About 80-90% of the time if I have problems with lag or server time out is because the internet went down on my end or went down briefly then came back up online, but was still enough to cause a server disconnect. When the game is laggy I tab the game and test a browser. If the browser is running slow I know its the internet and not their end. If that still doesn't resolve your issue try closing out and using Task manager to close out all non-essential programs and turn off your Anti-virus software and firewalls. As soon as your done playing you can turn them right back on. A defragment of the hard drive or deleting of old files and programs that you don't use can help speed some things along and allow your ram and processor to be more efficient. Try all of these first. If that still doesn't resolve the problem then come back and file a complaint or ticket to Cryptic. Just cover all your bases first before blaming someone for a problem that they may have no control over.

Edit: Almost forgot; Set your graphics setting down using the options menu under video settings and move it to the recommended or mid/low end setting if its on the high or max end setting. It will make the game look more blocky and lesser quality but it will help the game run much faster especially if you are on a low to low-mid end machine (3 years or older). If balloons are causing increased lag you can 'turn them off' by adjusting the physics objects to 0 from 100 which is set by default. This will clear the balloons, but some obstacles and objects may not be visible or be significantly altered so be aware of that.
Wishes for STO in 2014:
Borg Armor/Implant Bodysuits for Existing Liberated Borg Captains, Dominion/Cardassian Faction?, More STFs and end game content, More Undine and Iconian story progression, More Sectors and Sector Blocks. Also at least 25% reduction of new bugs added to the game.

Last edited by hiveman5; 05-01-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
05-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Wow...don't mean to gripe but I had 3 toons timed down to 2 hrs prior to the CC event ending and you guys go for maintenance right before it ends? A little foresight and doing the maintenance after the event is over would have been dare I say logical?

At the least extend the end time of the event by the 3hrs we'll lose prior to event end. Might be able to squeeze it in at lunch!

Not to sound selfish or anything, I just cant imagine I'm the only one.
Closed Thread