Career Officer
# 111
04-30-2013, 07:56 PM
I just logged in to run this again and noticed that I can't get enough shards by May 2nd to complete the event. I have 9 shards. With only 3 more opportunities to earn it, I'm not going to bother.

The task force itself is just too easy to be interesting.
Ensign
# 112 So few shards
04-30-2013, 10:41 PM
So I am forced to wonder.. If you get the event initially and you still get crystal shards, why couldn't they still allow the mission to continue past 5/2? Cant they allow the mission to go past 5/2 with minimal impact? I feel as long as you picked up the mission within the time it was available, just let them finish it and then move to the ones that give 100 Fleet marks... Let those who didn't pick it up at all deal, not those who have 10 shards into it already. I would point out that the embassy mission for holoprojectors is still showing up and it ended a long time ago. It still allows me to get it. So I am not sure if I should continue to bother or not.
Lt. Commander
# 113
05-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Could you please extend the finish date for the event? I'm pretty new to the game and did not start playing the Crystaline entity fleet action until about a week ago Due to work I'm unable to play as often as I would like and I have managed to collect about 7 shards so far & i am not going to have enough time to get the 14 x needed & I'm desperate for the Dilithium

I'm sure there are a lot of other people in the same situation.

Thanks.

Last edited by cyberpunk1977; 05-01-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 114
05-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovalmorgan View Post
that moment when you realize the CE reward event will end wtih you having collected 13 shards.
Right there with you, Toval

But then, I *am* 13. So it was fate!!

ahem...

I do kinda feel shafted because it said "once per day", and frankly, on the last day (May 2) I will not be allowed to do it because I did my one on April 30th too late in the evening due to being stuck at work for a stupid "mandatory training." Sigh.
Republic Veteran
# 115
05-02-2013, 03:33 AM
I finished the first project with ease, and have done the second project several times, on my KDF character.

My Fed character, however, was not yet level 50 when the event started, and now she has 13 shards. 13. Just one short of the prize for the first project. She won't be able to do the event again before shard maintenance. I don't see why the event cannot be extended; several players have requested this and extending it for another week wouldn't hurt anyone.

While I'm at it, the 8k limit on refining dilithium per day could be increased to 10k, too (not just for this event), but that's a contention for another thread.
Career Officer
# 116 Communicate in Company Much?
05-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Seriously, shutting the game down for maintenance 4 hrs before the Crystaline Entity shard event ends? Can anyone say poor management? Can anyone say "interdepartment memo"? Just another shining example of not well thought out programming/maintenance by Cryptic/Perfect World.
Empire Veteran
# 117
05-02-2013, 06:32 AM
The event was intended to end with maintenance... and that's what is happening.
It's always been like this.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Ensign
# 118
05-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
The event was intended to end with maintenance... and that's what is happening.
It's always been like this.

NOT true.... they have plastered all over the event was to run until 10am PST on 5/2. That directly implies you would have until 10am on the 2nd to run the event.

I am one of the many who had 13 crystals last night, was going to run it one more time this morning to finish.

I have no idea who in Cryptic thought it was good policy to advertise an event until 10am, then go into maint at 6am. You cant play during Maint, so the event is over then at 6am.

They really should give us until the end of the day, but I know they arent likely to care much about how this makes them look to us.
Captain
# 119
05-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radefox View Post
NOT true.... they have plastered all over the event was to run until 10am PST on 5/2. That directly implies you would have until 10am on the 2nd to run the event.
this is indeed correct and would branflakes care to comment please
Ensign
# 120
05-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
this is indeed correct and would branflakes care to comment please
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes
It's scheduled to end at 10AM PDT, so you should be able to complete it once the server is back up, until that time. We should have it up in the next 30 minutes, leaving an hour and 15 minutes or so to still run it

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Said on another thread.
Closed Thread