Commander
I am in 2 fleets at the moment, 1 fed and 1 kdf.
I believe in working hard to progress in a fleet,but my problem is some other fleet members. Alot of them take advantage of those that work hard and are generous in contributions. I have put alot of real money into the fleets that i am in,thats why i have not left them.If lazy members of these fleets were booted out,the fleets would look very small.
Looking to the future about either joining a romulan fleet or not,at the moment,its no don't join a new fleet.It would be the same as before,lazy players taking advantage because all they want is shootem ups only,leaving genuine players to do the grinding and working.
Thats the biggest problem in this game.
Finding genuine players who would all do their fair share in a fleet is very rare indeed,and if you have that,then you are very lucky.
Also what does NOT help in fleets is this dilithium cap of 8000 a day,which is far too small,and holds up getting projects done.
The cap itself makes projects very expensive,typically those that cost 200,000 dilithium.
Captain
# 2
04-25-2013, 03:28 PM
I feel your pain. . I find it best to just contribute what you can. . . As there is nothing you can do about it. . I find some people help more than others but that's the name of the game
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .

Star Trek Online : Delta Rising - not the best but it's not that bad STOP with the pitch forks as they come out every season or update it's boring seeing it on every page, thread and all mediums out there. .
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Cryptic has said that they do not plan on adding a reason for starbases/embassies. They are just new stores.
A fleet that continues/not continues the starbase progression doesn't change how good the fleet is.
A fleet that does the progression slow is not worse than a fast fleet.

There is no reason for the fleet progression since you can get better stuff elsewhere.

Are t5 ships better than t3? Why does t4-t5 take so long? What is the virtue of having some of the required doffs come at a faster pace than others from the doff seller?

The doff selling mechanism is the dumbest thing I have seen.
Commander
# 5
04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
There's a major disconnect between the cost of fleet upgrades and the value average fleet members can take away from them.

I don't have ownership over a fleet, and I never will. That doesn't bother me offhand, but it means I'm definitely not going the route of dumping cash into dilithium for the fleet's benefit.
Lieutenant
# 6
04-25-2013, 03:37 PM
Well if someone doesn't contribute to fleet projects, he also won't get fleet credits, right?

Problem solved?
Captain
# 7
04-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Not really problem solved lol. . . It costs between 10 and 25 thousand fleet credits to get something but about 100times that**replace what has been sold. . .
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .

Star Trek Online : Delta Rising - not the best but it's not that bad STOP with the pitch forks as they come out every season or update it's boring seeing it on every page, thread and all mediums out there. .
Captain
# 8
04-25-2013, 04:09 PM
if you arent attached you can join my kdf fleet.. we are nearing t5 sb upgrade and t5 mil will soon follow.

we have 100s of provisions.. and most of the time the projects get filled up in a few minutes..
the sb upgrade one will prob take a few hours.. but its massive.

you will always have members that just give fleet marks and xp.. leaving the doffs and dill for others.

its a bad system.. but its how it is..

i try to tell my members if you dont need the fc dont donate any marks until upgrades come up. that helps a bit for the members that need fc that always come on to find full projects.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Empire Veteran
# 9
04-25-2013, 04:15 PM
I run a fleet. If anyone asks, I tell the membership to invest in themselves first and, if they want, invest in the fleet second.

investing a significant amount of resources in a fleet is a risky proposal and honestly has no real benefits to an individual member

The majority of members do not significantly contribute to fleets (I'm in about 10 different fleets) unless the leadership is doing some heavy pruning

Personally I don't believe in kicking out members because of lack of contributing, everyone plays this game differently and at their own pace, just because someone doesn't contribute now, doesn't mean they wont contribute in the future. And even if they contribute 1 doff or 1 ore, that's 1 less that I have to secure. (My fleet does require 100k in fleet credits earned to access provisions)

But is it worth being in a fleet? Yes, even if you do nothing for the fleet and take nothing from it, if you aren't in a fleet you don't get full access to the in-game content. At the very least you get access to cheap commodities, duty officers, transwarps, things of that nature
Commander
# 10
04-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrobot1 View Post
Well if someone doesn't contribute to fleet projects, he also won't get fleet credits, right?

Problem solved?
It's extremely easy to get fleet credits by only donating fleet marks. 1 fleet mark gives you 50 fleet credits and it's easy to earn over 100 in 15 minutes of gameplay. But for example common medical duty officers (that can cost over 80k EC on the exchange) are really expensive or time consuming to find and you only get 300 fleet credits from each.

Cryptic could help the situation by rebalancing the costs.