Lt. Commander
# 51
04-11-2013, 10:41 PM
They really should just give out the trophy/accolade for finishing the Rep system event since in the old CE Event anyone that completed the event got it even if they were not helping at all. It's not like it would break the system like it's some overpowered weapon they are giving out, it's just a floor trophy.

I got 1st place with my 4 Feds and 3 KDFs (one of each class for both sides and the extra is a second fed engineer) on the first time through but I can see this only get harder to achieve as people learn the event more. My Feds each run the Vesta for each of their classes (so Tac is in the Tac variant, etc) and the KDFs were all in Karfi's. I hope that they do change this as I still do not like the way the accolade is achieved even though I have it.
Republic Veteran
# 52
04-11-2013, 10:42 PM
I have seen so many times the devs wanting to promote team play. The placement system does anything but promote team play.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
# 53
04-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Everybody that completed CE in the old system did not get an accolade or the trophy. It was provided only for placing first. Otherwise, it would not have been only one of my various toons that got the trophy and the accolade.
Republic Veteran
# 54
04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I have seen so many times the devs wanting to promote team play. The placement system does anything but promote team play.
I've never healed so many non fleet members so I could add the points to get first....it promotes team play just differently.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Commander
# 55
04-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Since there's going to be an elite version, why not just move the trophy/accolade to completing the elite a certain number of times like the accolades for finishing each of the Borg STFs a certain number of times?
Career Officer
# 56
04-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Did they say there will be an Elite version?

Also, I did the safe bet: stay 9K away from that thing and take out the Tholians. I should heal others more next time though... except most likely they'd be near that Christmas ornament.
~My current ship and build~
Captain
# 57
04-11-2013, 11:22 PM
The devs are planning on doing an Elite version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
If it's fun, then I'd consider the re-design a success.

For this limited-time event, we didn't want to set the bar too high. All players should have a chance to succeed. Maybe we erred too far on the side of caution, but I'd much rather have tipped the scales to that end than to the opposite.

When the Crystalline Entity returns in the future, well after this limited-time Event has run its course, we fully intend to offer an Elite version for players that wish to have a greater challenge.

Also: We're currently investigating the bug related to the Matter Conversion Beam. Getting that to reliably deal its intended damage will raise the difficulty of the encounter a bit.
Career Officer
# 58
04-11-2013, 11:35 PM
That looks like a fleet group outing to me then... just like STFs
~My current ship and build~
Republic Veteran
# 59
04-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I've never healed so many non fleet members so I could add the points to get first....it promotes team play just differently.
Think about it for a minute. Is healing team members for personal gain truly promoting team play?
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-11-2013, 11:47 PM
I got first even with my poorly equiped eng alt, is not hard to do it at all, FAW spam = fisrt place.