Empire Veteran
# 71
04-12-2013, 06:45 AM
So far I have 3 accolades on 6 characters after 1 run each. It's all about DPS, although AOE damage works well. So science and tactical have a huge edge.

I think healing OTHER ships should give at least double points.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
This...support actions need to get a huge buff. I'm sorry but the scaling of scoring in this game is wayyy wayyy off.
Career Officer
# 73
04-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
So far I have 3 accolades on 6 characters after 1 run each. It's all about DPS, although AOE damage works well. So science and tactical have a huge edge.

That's exactly what STO has gotten to the point of, DPS and now Healing Spam. On top of that, you got people running FAW, Scatter Volley, at the same time they are tossing Gravity Wells, and heals.

So in short, when everyone is doing the same thing to maximize your score, you don't have a chance to get first place. Which means that people who can't get first, have to go out of their way to make a cannned hunt in asking 9 others to make a private queue so you can get first place.

Be nice if there was another way that wasn't so stressful or a way that didn't inconvinence others.

Last edited by azurianstar; 04-12-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Captain
# 74
04-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Who cares about the accolade or the trophy? I want the mk11 purple consoles. This is about money, and if you're not first you're a loser. If there were more ways to deliberately screw others players, I'd do so. Thats what competitive 'team' play means.
Republic Veteran
# 75
04-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
That's exactly what STO has gotten to the point of, DPS and now Healing Spam. On top of that, you got people running FAW, Scatter Volley, at the same time they are tossing Gravity Wells, and heals.

So in short, when everyone is doing the same thing to maximize your score, you don't have a chance to get first place. Which means that people who can't get first, have to go out of their way to make a cannned hunt in asking 9 others to make a private queue so you can get first place.

Be nice if there was another way that wasn't so stressful or a way that didn't inconvinence others.
If someone is getting Stressed over this....they need to take a break from the game.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 76
04-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Yeah............ but it's fun.

BTW, just got first place in the CE................on my mule...........with a baddly equipped ship.

Perfect metaphor for my efforts, try hard, hit the wall. Do nothing and hey here you go! Then try the relaxed approach on another toon.... Magic 8 ball says "Try again".
Commander
# 77
04-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
There is, ditch the "damage done based upon damage taken" aspect of the shockwave, and make it deal something like 250,000 damage or some other ludicrous numerical value that'll put anyone, even dreadnoughts running every survival ability in the book, down. Also, add a substantial score penalty for being destroyed (enough to guarantee that if you're blown up you won't place, unless there's a wipe), which is something that ought to be in every FA now that I think of it.
Career Officer
# 78
04-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
There is, ditch the "damage done based upon damage taken" aspect of the shockwave, and make it deal something like 250,000 damage or some other ludicrous numerical value that'll put anyone, even dreadnoughts running every survival ability in the book, down. Also, add a substantial score penalty for being destroyed (enough to guarantee that if you're blown up you won't place, unless there's a wipe), which is something that ought to be in every FA now that I think of it.
Rather have it simpler to have the trophy rewarded after doing 10 Fleet Actions (because players aren't going to stick around for 100 Fleet Actions like those stupid STF accolades) and get a trophy, because First place is meaningless.

If anyone doubts me, look at those who won NWS. Their names scrolled acrossed the screens of everyone in the game, and 99% of people don't care. All for a title, but here we got trophies that nobody will see unless they visited your ship, and even then they aren't going to say "cool trophy".

So just better just to have it for killing the CE 10 times and let it be over with.
Captain
# 79
04-13-2013, 12:53 AM
I wonder if there is some measurement based on number of kills or 'objective points' or something. I just did a run where according to my parser I had the highest DPS by half again, and just edged out for top healer as well, and still took only second. I'm missing something.
Career Officer
# 80
04-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
I wonder if there is some measurement based on number of kills or 'objective points' or something. I just did a run where according to my parser I had the highest DPS by half again, and just edged out for top healer as well, and still took only second. I'm missing something.
No offense, but I wish Cryptic didn't advocate those parsers, they ruined STO.