Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Commander
Looking to grab a tier 5 BoP

Which one, and why.

Discuss.

OH, and I don't care for Torp Boats, they get too redundant IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Fleet Hos all the way for me, it deals great damage and is alot tougher than it looks. But I run my bop for damage
Commander
# 3
04-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1369 View Post
Fleet Hos all the way for me, it deals great damage and is alot tougher than it looks. But I run my bop for damage
And that's what I go for, Damage.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Actually, I too would like to know if anyone has any opinions on the fleet Norgh (Ning'tao) to share as compared to other BoPs and it's general performance. And I don't care about the Hoh'SuS, cause I make a policy of not flying ships that I can't look at. And the Hoh'SuS IMHO is as ugly as they come.

Although I'm still at the halfway of fully fleshing out and equipping my B'rel retrofit so it could shine, I don't agree that the torpedo boats are redundant. I'm certain that quite a few KDF players on these forums would agree with me. I've seen videos of B'rel retrofits that obliterate Odyssey cruisers in one pass when comandeered by a capable and experienced captain.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Norgh BoP, best BoP.

Seriously, the additional LTC boff is worth a lot.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 6
04-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Hosus - massive damage/spike capability

Norge - still high damage but has more ways to implement it or heal itself

Brel - best to stick with torpedoes on this one if your a tac it will work a treat or used as a science debuffing machine never had any luck in PVE content with it as you fight with your hull

If I had the choice I'd buy the hosus but that could just be down to laziness as the Brel takes a lot more practice and timing

The Norgh can be made a great ship don't get me wrong
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Commander
# 7
04-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Actually, I too would like to know if anyone has any opinions on the fleet Norgh (Ning'tao) to share as compared to other BoPs and it's general performance. And I don't care about the Hoh'SuS, cause I make a policy of not flying ships that I can't look at. And the Hoh'SuS IMHO is as ugly as they come.

Although I'm still at the halfway of fully fleshing out and equipping my B'rel retrofit so it could shine, I don't agree that the torpedo boats are redundant. I'm certain that quite a few KDF players on these forums would agree with me. I've seen videos of B'rel retrofits that obliterate Odyssey cruisers in one pass when comandeered by a capable and experienced captain.
Here's the take-home I've taken home on the fleet Ningtao. Look at the bridge of, say, a Heghta. One of the Lt's will be sitting at a LC station instead. So basically, that LC-level ability is what you're paying for. You've got to be able to justify the ability in that slot and say, "This choice is helping me blow dudes up in such-and-such manner."

Whatever artist designed the Hohsus did not have his finest hour while doing that work, sorry (as opposed to the Ningtao, which regularly makes me gawk).

Later on,
Gen
Lieutenant
# 8
04-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1369 View Post
^ This.

Oh and to people saying the HoH'SuS is ugly... its the face of fed death!
Captain
# 9
04-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Looking to grab a tier 5 BoP

Which one, and why.

Discuss.

OH, and I don't care for Torp Boats, they get too redundant IMHO.
Ask yourself where your priorities are. The Hoh'sus is basically a Hegh'ta with an extra tac console, the Fleet Norgh is...well, faster turning, tighter flying, with an extra BoFF power available. The B'rel's basically a great ride for an offensive minded Science officer who likes to surprise enemies with de-buffs and AOE magic.

I guess in simpler terms;

The Hoh'sus is a Fighter/Ranger
The Norgh is a Rogue
The B'rel is a Priest of Death and Horrors.

Pick your class.

I run the Norgh most of the time and it doesn't fail me often. I have other toons that run Hegh'tas, and I'm also a B'rel and Hoh'sus owner on still OTHER toons.

It really DOES come down to what you want to do, how you want to do it, and what you're willing to give up for the privelage.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
04-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
The B'rel is a Priest of Death and Horrors.
I agree (I'm also a proud owner of one).
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5