Commander
You can always find a friend who has a Sci/Eng/Tac who can train the Bridge Officer in that Rapid Fire 3, HY3, GW3, etc. etc. and trade it back to you.

I had the most ignorant conversation ever with a player, who went on and on how Tacs are the only viable because of skills they can train their Tac BOffs in.

Here's a little reality check for you guys, there is always a Sci, Eng, Tac who is willing to, either for EC, or as a favor, train your BOff in a skill only they can train, and trade it back to you.

I'm an Engineer, and both of my Tac Officers have level 3 skills in several areas thanks to Tac Players I'm buds with. I have Sci with Gravity Well 3.

I have a Tac bud of mine that has emergency power to shields 3, etc.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Im usually happy to train boffs for people (unless they are rude about it)
Commander
# 3
04-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Why your Character Class doesn't mean jack
You realize your captain has skills that mean more than jack, right?
Captain
# 4
04-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
You can always find a friend who has a Sci/Eng/Tac who can train the Bridge Officer in that Rapid Fire 3, HY3, GW3, etc. etc. and trade it back to you.

I had the most ignorant conversation ever with a player, who went on and on how Tacs are the only viable because of skills they can train their Tac BOffs in.

Here's a little reality check for you guys, there is always a Sci, Eng, Tac who is willing to, either for EC, or as a favor, train your BOff in a skill only they can train, and trade it back to you.

I'm an Engineer, and both of my Tac Officers have level 3 skills in several areas thanks to Tac Players I'm buds with. I have Sci with Gravity Well 3.

I have a Tac bud of mine that has emergency power to shields 3, etc.
How do you train them like that and then send them to someone else?
Captain
# 5
04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Captain class dictates what (untrainable, non-transferable) captain skills you have and also what kits you can use.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2013, 02:20 PM
im always willing to train a boff for someone , i never ask for anything for doing it , but i never turn away any form of compensation
it helps the community and i consider it a community service .
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
04-11-2013, 02:23 PM
This really only applies if you use cruddy BOffs on your ship. I wouldn't trust anyone to train one of my efficient Saurians in a skill. There's no guarantee they would give them back. What about someone with a veteran BOff (worth like 100 mil)?
Captain
# 8
04-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quepan View Post
im always willing to train a boff for someone , i never ask for anything for doing it , but i never turn away any form of compensation
it helps the community and i consider it a community service .
I have heard people talk about training them but still yet to hear how. So far no answer how to train them and send them to people in this thread. I have also asked people in the game but no one ever says how.
Career Officer
# 9
04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I main an Engineer in a Science ship, I always bug my fleetmates for trains. I've tried countless science boffs with them, no issues... I love my science ships... I have 25 boffs 15 of them are science... I have different setups for different task...

Your character class does matter.... I don't see Tacts or Sci's popping Miracle Worker
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
04-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I have heard people talk about training them but still yet to hear how. So far no answer how to train them and send them to people in this thread. I have also asked people in the game but no one ever says how.
You have to give them the BOff in question by opening a trade window, and dragging your BOff into the window, and then giving them the BOff. Once they have it, they train it in the skill you want, and then trade it back to you. (Assuming they don't run off with it, instead)