Captain
before i pay 400m for a ship i will never fly to get attack ship hangers.. i want to know if this decision is going to be changed..

i would hate to waste the ec come to find out that you make it open to everyone later.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Commander
# 2
04-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
before i pay 400m for a ship i will never fly to get attack ship hangers.. i want to know if this decision is going to be changed..

i would hate to waste the ec come to find out that you make it open to everyone later.
If you're considering spending 400 million EC for the right to spend 30k dilithium on hangar pets, might I suggest the cheaper and probable superior route called elite scorpions. JHAS hangars will never be worth the kind of investment you are considering. Ever. So I guess it's a question of luxury. Are you willing to pay 400 million EC just so your dominion dread can fly with dominion fighters that don't suck hard?

If so, damn cryptic knows the right buttons to press.
Captain
# 3
04-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Seeing how people have spent hundreds of dollars or more than 300 million EC, then it would be a very stupid decision on Cryptic's part to give it to more people. The people that already have the hangars would complain about them wasting money on it and Cryptic loses a valuable source of income. Sure people will still go after the Attack Ship, but not the people that only pilot Carriers.
Commander
# 4
I tried getting the attack ships for my Jemmy dread too.
Apparently cryptic in their lets take away players fun routine,decided to control this,as the attack ships were too powerful in stfs.
If you don't want to spend alot on that attack ship,I recommend you getting the elite scorpion fighters. They are great and are very powerful too.
As for Cryptic making it a condition to buy the Attack ship first before you can get the hangar attack ships,THAT IS VERY UNFAIR AND TAKES AWAY OUR FUN.
CRYPTIC PLEASE TAKE NOTE.
Captain
# 5
Don't buy a Bug to get the attack ship pets. Even if you want them, even if this never changes, this whole thing was a stupid idea on Cryptic's part. Don't encourage them to keep doing stupid things.
Captain
# 6
04-13-2013, 10:50 PM
i was kinda hoping you could atleast get the rare ones with ec.. but nope..

its really dirty to have to have a ship you wont be classed in to use fighters for a ship you fly..
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 7
04-13-2013, 10:53 PM
i can see it a free upgrade to Ultra rare fighters if you have the attack ship.. after you pay the dil for the very rare ones..

that would be completely doable..
Captain
# 8
04-14-2013, 06:25 AM
The Dread/Bug combination creates the most powerful ship in the game. I've watched YouTube video of that ship soloing Infected Elite and others have pointed out videos where it's easily withstood the Hive Onslaught all by itself. Of course Cryptic's not going to make it simple to get that combination. If it were simple everyone would have it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Of course Cryptic's not going to make it simple to get that combination. If it were simple everyone would have it.
And since it's so expensive it has a 3 letter/number acronym that's a curse of online gaming.
Captain
# 10
04-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The Dread/Bug combination creates the most powerful ship in the game.
I am *extremely* dubious.

The few times I have seen "Dread Bugs" in action I haven't been impressed. They have real issues getting their dual cannon on target because of their relative sloth for a pet and it seems to negatively affect their piloting as a whole. Looking at a parse here, their strongest weapon system is their quantum torpedo (pets are good at aiming torpedoes, borg are good at catching torpedoes, and the attack ship's warhead is rated for 9K damage...). After that it's the array (about half as effective including Overload), and the turret (about a third as effective including rapid fire). The thing's dual cannons barely even register.

All told, about 2000 DPS. Elite Scorpions can do better. Especially if they have the field to themself so they aren't wasting torpedoes. If anything attack ships would make a somewhat better pet in not-STF since their Overload gives them a way to seriously menace enemy shields which scorpions with their huge emphasis on kinetic damage do not have.

That's just conjecture on my part of course. Attack ships aren't worth hundreds of millions of EC so I don't have them.