Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok so I've ran through this event several times with all 3 of my KDF Characters and I have to say it's challenging and fun. When I first heard they were going to redo this FA I was a bit scared they would nerf it till it was no longer either challenging or enjoyable to run, I was afraid it would end up like the Big Dig and the Minefield FA's that were toned down too much. Especially the Minefield FA which any PuG above the age of three can complete in their sleep.

But it turned out that its just about right, the only thing Cryptic needs to add is an elite mode for those of us who like more of a challenge.

Ships such as BoP's and Kumari's seem to have a bit of trouble with this mission, my advice would be bring something bigger with more hull pts and shield strength. My Tac Capt does well in the Fleet Kamarang (If you don't have this ship get it!), I come in 1st place almost every time with this ship. My Eng Capt flies the Fleet Flight Deck Corsair (A must have ship for your Orion) and I usually finish 3rd place with it. My Sci Capt has the Korath, ya its a lightweight too but its handy to heal your team mates. I stay just at range heal my buddies, throw a few punches, take out shards, and zip out when it gets too heated.
Empire Veteran
# 2
04-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I played it just now on my KDF main and Fed main came 3rd both times. Apart from being laggy it was good, enough of a challenge without being overly difficult.

My wife came 2nd on her Fed main which is pretty good as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Rihannsu
# 3
04-12-2013, 01:51 AM
I enjoy it. its not that tough, just depends if your teams mates know about the whole absorption stage thing, but its a decent fight. the trick is staying alive, and trying to get 1st place.

for a limited time event, i am happy for it to be easy rather than hard. it would suck if it took weeks to master when its only here for 3.

they said when it comes back they will probably adjust and add an elite version or whatever so im sure a more epic challenge can be added later for those that want it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 4
04-12-2013, 06:51 AM
I thought it was a brain-dead easy DPS race with one of the most obvious "quit being stupid" mechanics I've ever seen in an MMO.
Career Officer
# 5
04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I thought it was a brain-dead easy DPS race with one of the most obvious "quit being stupid" mechanics I've ever seen in an MMO.
I pretty much agree with this. I expected the absorption stage to 1 hit ships who ignored it. I was pretty disappointing when I realized it did MAYBE 50% hull dmg.

I have done the entire mission ignoring every dungeon mechanic the game has to make it "challenging."

I just keep weapons on target and go trough the rotations. Very simple unfortunately.
Captain
# 6
04-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I like it simple, it does not allow the pugs to totally ruin it.

Plus I got 1st place in Sci-carrier and eng-cruiser so its good that the game takes healing into account too.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I can't even really consider this 'fun'. Just a grind. I just returned yesterday after a 3 month hiatus and am completely ungeared and running a non-Zen ship on each of my characters. Just ran it 3 times and I think I may have hit my space bar 12 times through the whole engagement.

CE doesn't do enough damage to even warrant moving out of range anyways...it seemed like majority of the time my groups have just kept firing in the absorption phase and I still just stood there pewpewing even after the energy is dissipated and it did less then 50% hull damage; a few seconds and abilities later I' maxed back out just pew pewing.

Would love to see a challenge mode inplace before the end of the event that would award extra shards..or something.. since right now it's just a 'oh need to login and do this blahhhhhh' moment to me :/
Captain
# 8
04-12-2013, 01:12 PM
It's funnest when you listen to the Wolf 359 music from "Emissary" instead of the default combat music.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwisdom View Post
I can't even really consider this 'fun'. Just a grind. I just returned yesterday after a 3 month hiatus and am completely ungeared and running a non-Zen ship on each of my characters. Just ran it 3 times and I think I may have hit my space bar 12 times through the whole engagement.

CE doesn't do enough damage to even warrant moving out of range anyways...it seemed like majority of the time my groups have just kept firing in the absorption phase and I still just stood there pewpewing even after the energy is dissipated and it did less then 50% hull damage; a few seconds and abilities later I' maxed back out just pew pewing.

Would love to see a challenge mode inplace before the end of the event that would award extra shards..or something.. since right now it's just a 'oh need to login and do this blahhhhhh' moment to me :/
I agree they need to up the dmg the absorption attack does and make it unpredictable. It depended where you were at on the map on how fun it was. The Tholian ships spawn in way below the CE where maybe they might notice those attacking the CE, most of the runs I did if no one got too low then the Tholians stayed where they were and didn't do anything. If you want to have a bit of fun with this mission then get below the CE before the Tholians spawn in then you're not only dodging shards but fighting all the Tholian ships as well. The Tholians need to spawn in lvl with the CE so they can attack the defenders.

But as tpalena has stated if they didn't make it easy enough the PuGs would mess it up and if it was too hard they wouldn't queue up for it either and then the rest of us would have a hard time getting a team together. That's why I was hoping for an elite version later on.
Captain
# 10
04-12-2013, 10:24 PM
What's your favorite mission in all of STO?