Lt. Commander
The Cryptic Game Launcher will not launch the game. I've checked on the forums, but have found nothing so far on this issue. I double click the icon and get nothing. I check task manager and find it under processes and using CPU but have nothing on my screen. Most up to date drivers for everything. I've tried running as an admin and get nothing. I'm using WinXP Pro. w/SP 2. I'm running out of ideas on what this can possibly be. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, d/led it 2 times now and get nothing. Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions, ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
What error are you getting? Can you explain exactly what steps you are taking to try and get the game to launch? To help, we need a good overview of what you are doing, and not a vague description.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
What error are you getting? Can you explain exactly what steps you are taking to try and get the game to launch? To help, we need a good overview of what you are doing, and not a vague description.
I don't find the description of what is happening to vague. Sorry, it's straight to the point. I double click on the icon.. get nothing.. just sits there eatting up cpu usage. I end-task on it. Tried to run it as admin, same thing. Un-Reinstalled it, re-downloaded it. And there is no error messages. I've checked multiple times for errors, but it is getting nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
I've got the same problem. You open the game, the launcher pops up; you let it patch/check files and it says it's ready and you can "Engage". You click Engage, it goes into the game and as soon as the Cryptic logo pops up; it stops doing anything. Press the Windows key and you're shown that the game has crashed and you're asked to submit a bug report; once you do so the game closes.

This is all the further the game goes for me, the Cryptic logo and the loading bar at the bottom, atleast I imagine it's a loading bar because all I see is a little sliver of whatever it was attempting to 'load' and it freezes, then asks me to file a bug report/ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlev View Post
I've got the same problem. You open the game, the launcher pops up; you let it patch/check files and it says it's ready and you can "Engage". You click Engage, it goes into the game and as soon as the Cryptic logo pops up; it stops doing anything. Press the Windows key and you're shown that the game has crashed and you're asked to submit a bug report; once you do so the game closes.

This is all the further the game goes for me, the Cryptic logo and the loading bar at the bottom, atleast I imagine it's a loading bar because all I see is a little sliver of whatever it was attempting to 'load' and it freezes, then asks me to file a bug report/ticket.
Wish I was even getting that. I don't even get the little box asking to enter my username and password so I can patch it. The Cryptic Error program doesn't notice it when I open it up, so I guess it's thinking it's running fine so I can't make a dump file. I'm completely at a lose on this one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Try minimizing and maximizing the program via Task Manager, this usually force the window to be visible. OOC, do you have more than one monitor?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
i get the same thing, there is no way to maximise the window, it only shows under processes not under aplplication on the task manager
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Try minimizing and maximizing the program via Task Manager, this usually force the window to be visible. OOC, do you have more than one monitor?
Unfortunately it only shows in Processes under Task Manager. It doesn't actually launch a task that I can min/max. And I'm only using one monitor.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Okay, lets try a new direction. http://files.champions-online.com/Sh...herWindows.exe

Download and run that little program and see if it fixes the problem. It should check for any window with "Star Trek Online" in the title and forcibly show it and move it to position (0,0).
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Okay, lets try a new direction. http://files.champions-online.com/Sh...herWindows.exe

Download and run that little program and see if it fixes the problem. It should check for any window with "Star Trek Online" in the title and forcibly show it and move it to position (0,0).
Nothing. I reinstalled the game even.

Now I go direct to the launcher crash.
Closed Thread