Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Yep. Same problem here. Im stuck on the Sol System loading screen. The progress bar makes it about 80% complete then it just freezes. When I bring up the task manager it says the game application is "not responding".
Lt. Commander
# 12 temp fix
01-23-2010, 05:35 PM
OK, after looking around a bit and trying a few things, I found a temp fix.
I turned vid resolution all the way down to 800x600, and the graphics quality slider all the way down to bottom, and turned on 'half resolution'. THEN loaded up my game, sure enuff, the loading bar FINALLY went all the way across, and i docked with the station. After i was in, I exited, restarted, and put all the settings back to the way they were, then went into my game. It loaded me up in the station with all settings back the way they were.
I dunno WHAT the deal is with this, I have a good PC and a video card that shouldn't have any problems (GeForce 8500 GT).
I REALLY hope they fix this be4 final release.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Same thing here...
01-24-2010, 07:22 AM
I've been having this problem for about the last week and a half, and I have to say it's really killing the fun factor for me. Usually if I manually close the game using alt-ctrl-del and reload it will EVENTUALLY work. What's really distressing to me is that it seems like no one is getting a response to their ticket from the devs and I don't see any dev response to this problem here on the forums. This is obviously a problem affecting a great number of players, and if it makes it's way into the final release then I can guarantee that Cryptic will be missing out on that same number of players buying subscriptions. Honestly Cryptic, good game here, but this is a major issue and REALLY needs to be addressed.
Lt. Commander
# 14 Sol Loading Screen !!
01-24-2010, 07:46 AM
ive resintalled the game twice - downloaded the full 8Gb beta and had it patched agen and still the game works fine until the sol loading screen !! loading older characters or starting new ones gets the same result too !! this really needs fixing !
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Problem Unique to The Solar System for me (Earth), i will try your famous low resolution solution !

Thanks but think fix it
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric1212 View Post
Problem Unique to The Solar System for me (Earth), i will try your famous low resolution solution !

Thanks but think fix it
Lower resolution worked but... try fix it...