Commander
# 71
04-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
Yeah, so did I, and we both get to keep it. Seriously, people don't seem to be getting this.

YOU ARE GETTING FREE STUFF.

Get it now?

I'm sorry if that seems a bit harsh, but the ridiculous sense of entitlement in this thread baffles me.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

We paid ACTUAL money for it and YOU receive it for nothing basically. We demand better compensation.

Cryptic DOES owe us more than the 150 marks for 150 lobi we spent. Heck lets us trade it in for just the lobi back so I can buy something else.

Last edited by syberghost; 04-13-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 72
04-13-2013, 03:16 AM
You do realise I paid the 150 lobi too, right? And yet, somehow, I'm not whining and moaning that suddenly I'm not a special snowflake and demanding compensation that I have no right to. You paid the 150 lobi, you got the gear, end of story. Now they're giving you free stuff for nothing and you're demanding more.
Starfleet Veteran
# 73
04-13-2013, 05:01 AM
I would like to know if we can use our Boffs like on new Romulus? Defera would be the same question...

cheers
Starfleet Veteran
# 74
04-13-2013, 08:03 AM
As I saved Nukeria Prime for a rainny day, this reputation will fire me up to go there !
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 75
04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
The only thing that could make this better would be a equipment slot for Captains and their BOFFs for the environment suits so I don't have to carry them around.
YES.

Swapping them out constantly is annoying and robs the other sets of their abilities.

Though I can see reasons why they wouldn't
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Any plans to give an easy access to very cheap ev suits (like 1 dil or 100 ec like the ones from the current boxes we can find on the exchange)? We need 4 to play the T4/T5 romulan reputation mission, and I don't want to spend like 20k dil to play episodes... I think many players will also need new EV suits for their romulan chars, so cheap EV suits are really important just to play your content.
That's a good point. And storing five EV suits is a little bit of a pain. I keep them in my account bank myself. At least then they're never further away than my Ready Room.

But an EV suit is standard equipment on every single starship since Archer left dock.

It's weird that we have to purchase them from other vendors. I can understand a top notch Very Rare one, but there should be a standard mk1 that we can slot over armor at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
and it is not like those Antiproton pistols with [SONIC] mods would be worth a damn outside of Nukara itself... just as obsolete as the [BORG] mod if you ask me. If we would get revamped Antiproton Gear... with new visuals like they did with the Fleet and Romulan weapons... and get rid of that SONIC Mod and add equivalents to the Elite Fleet Gear... then... ok that would be kind of worth it since there are only Advanced Fleet Weapons for Antiproton otherwise...
You know. It would be highly logical if the sonic weapons inflicted disorientation or something to humanoids, or outright stunned Romulans and Vulcans with their super sensitive hearing.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Commander
# 76
04-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
We paid ACTUAL money for it and YOU receive it for nothing basically. We demand better compensation.

Cryptic DOES owe us more than the 150 marks for 150 lobi we spent. Heck lets us trade it in for just the lobi back so I can buy something else.
So... You (and the mysterious 'we') let Cryptic sucker you into paying real money for keys so you could get Lobi, and now you're under the impression that you're owed something more?

Gotcha.

Here's a thought: Quit paying real money for keys. Go grind some Dils or some EC, and get your keys that way. It will significantly reduce your butthurt, since you won't have paid real money for virtual items.

A fool and his money are soon parted, as everyone can see here.

Last edited by syberghost; 04-13-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Commander
# 77
04-13-2013, 11:35 AM
$40 in keys is nothing to me, but the fact is the exchange rate of 150 marks to 150 lobi in not right, it should be 10 to 1 conversion.
Career Officer
# 78
04-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Any plans to give an easy access to very cheap ev suits (like 1 dil or 100 ec like the ones from the current boxes we can find on the exchange)? We need 4 to play the T4/T5 romulan reputation mission, and I don't want to spend like 20k dil to play episodes... I think many players will also need new EV suits for their romulan chars, so cheap EV suits are really important just to play your content.
there are 100 dil ones in the special items bit of the dil store, same as the ones from Boldly They Rode, just named 'pre-owned'
-----------------------------------------------

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
Empire Veteran
# 79
04-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
and it is not like those Antiproton pistols with [SONIC] mods would be worth a damn outside of Nukara itself... just as obsolete as the [BORG] mod if you ask me. If we would get revamped Antiproton Gear... with new visuals like they did with the Fleet and Romulan weapons... and get rid of that SONIC Mod and add equivalents to the Elite Fleet Gear... then... ok that would be kind of worth it since there are only Advanced Fleet Weapons for Antiproton otherwise...
Yes those weapons weren't awesome at all. Just ok to equip boffs with. Armors were useful too, for the same reason. Now all this junk is going to be hidden behind unlocks and dilithium. And there is no EV suit drops. I wouldn't mind this change if such a feature existed but currently it's not the case, and this isn't alt friendly at all.

I won't really miss the crap from those boxes, even if i don't like seeing free gear going away (like the STF store just 6 months ago), I just think it's not alt friendly at all, because free gear helps alts a lot, especially if you don't intend to play it every day, and it makes the game even more painful for alts. With the upcoming expansion this isn't a good sign. Cryptic makes alts a pain but still wants us to level up some more in may. Stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exa12 View Post
there are 100 dil ones in the special items bit of the dil store, same as the ones from Boldly They Rode, just named 'pre-owned'
100 dil is still too much dil to equip boffs. And 100 dil for something we'd consider as vendor trash if there were EV suit drops is laughable.

Last edited by diogene0; 04-13-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Captain
# 80
04-13-2013, 02:03 PM
This could be easily rectified by adding an EV Suit option to crafting. Even the worst kind available is sufficient for mining if that's all you want it for, or for that one New Romulus mission where the BOFFS need suits.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom