Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
# 111
04-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance later this afternoon to apply a new update.

[*]Neither Klingons nor Romulans are available for new characters.
[/list]
You should really put both factions back up on the test server. with just 1 month it would be a good idea to have both the KDF AND RSE fully tested before may 21
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
# 112
04-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Remove EP2S and give all ships 125 power across the board, passive shield distribution and 75% damage resistance.

Balance fix'd.
LTS Since Beta Weekend
Formerly @BlackWyvern
Stupid account merge...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
# 113
04-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Well, if you use EPtS and EPtW, you'll have 10s holes in both.
Correct, however, there's no real way around that. If you double stack and get another EPtX, you'll still have the 10s hole. The additional EPtX is just another option I put in. I have both Tact team 1 and Engi team 1 in my build, but they can both be used at the 15 CD expiration. (A choice rather than none at all)

With the Aux2Bat Technician build, you won't have to double stack any ability to be able to use it at the lowest possible CD. Hence, instead of having a copy of EPtS3 and EPtS1 for example, you'll have EPtS3 both times. However, it is true that I sacrifice the lower tier engi skills, but it's worth the tradeoff for "double stacking" the high tier skills.

Last edited by sgtstarfall; 04-14-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 21
# 114
04-14-2013, 08:13 PM
[quote=adjudicatorhawk;9197691]Long-term, we believe the EPtX abilities would be more interesting if their effects were yet more substantial but they had significant downtime. /QUOTE]


Yes please, I look forward to that day.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,107
# 115
04-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtstarfall View Post
Correct, however, there's no real way around that. If you double stack and get another EPtX, you'll still have the 10s hole. The additional EPtX is just another option I put in. I have both Tact team 1 and Engi team 1 in my build, but they can both be used at the 15 CD expiration. (A choice rather than none at all)

With the Aux2Bat Technician build, you won't have to double stack any ability to be able to use it at the lowest possible CD. Hence, instead of having a copy of EPtS3 and EPtS1 for example, you'll have EPtS3 both times. However, it is true that I sacrifice the lower tier engi skills, but it's worth the tradeoff for "double stacking" the high tier skills.
Yeah, I understand your point, I also run a couple Aux2Batt builds.

But I'm just very unhappy that my cruisers will now be more vulnerable (downtime in EPtS when using another EPtX) than most other ships (where I'll rather slot 2xEPtS and have little to no downtime).

That's why I ask for a reworking of the cooldowns, either back to 30 on the copy of the same ability (as well as back to subsystem power bonus for the whole 30s). Or lower the shared CD between different EPtX abilities to 10s making them cyclable and with all effects for the full duration (yes, that would make them very strong).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
# 116
04-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Can we get the ship to appear first in the repair menu, please?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
# 117
04-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
...Or lower the shared CD between different EPtX abilities to 10s making them cyclable and with all effects for the full duration (yes, that would make them very strong).
Indeed. That change to shared CD to different EPtX abilities would maintain the current system where there's a nice gap for people to fit in a second EPtX without messing up the synergy of "double stacking". Hopefully they decide to keep that synergy by changing the shared CD of EPtXs.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,178
# 118
04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaxi View Post
Can we get the ship to appear first in the repair menu, please?
I think there is a bigger issue than just the repair menu, if you click a player's info box, it shows their shuttle as the main ship, if they fix that then I'm sure the repairs would auto-correct itself.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 110
# 119
04-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Big Personal Tray #4:
- No longer absorbs Ships Weapons in space. It has a clicky to fire the weapons, but weapons are still there taking up space. (dislike)
- No longer absorbs Bridge Crew bar. (dislike)
- Does show the Shift panel next to the original one instead of seperating it and having to maneuvar it someplace else. (like)

I often made use of BPT#4 because it did absorb those two in the past. I had all my skills from my boffs in specific spots in the Skill Tray and had more room for the game.

Ability to "Lock" the UI into place still not included (NOT the Skills to drag to the skill bar, but something else entirely).
- The ability to "Lock" in the game currently refers keeping your skills locked in the game.

This is not to what I personally refer to. I'm an avid mouse/keyboard user, however your UI has no "lock" option to keep the UI in place. You specifically have a "Rearrange Hud" button, I suggest making it to where you cannot "edit" the UI unless you're in the "Rearrange Hud" menu so that the UI cannot "accidentally" be grabbed (like in a pvp or pve battle) and dragged half-way across the screen. Keep in mind your chat box, need to be able to modify the size of that as well in the Rearrange Hud menu if you choose to go that route.

Bridge Officer Stations reset every time you zone. Must currently reset every boff in every zone if flying from space combat to space combat.

This is an obvious bug that simply needs to get addressed eventually.

Species Traits
- Ability to change your species traits in the game.

I like this. I can't tell you how many times I've remade my character and levelled him back to 50 because I screwed up on something simple at character creation.

My experience so far with the setup on Tribble.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,063
# 120
04-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtstarfall View Post
Indeed. That change to shared CD to different EPtX abilities would maintain the current system where there's a nice gap for people to fit in a second EPtX without messing up the synergy of "double stacking". Hopefully they decide to keep that synergy by changing the shared CD of EPtXs.
I would rather they just not mess with EPtX at all. It's been around long enough to become a staple, and frankly the way things are lining up to be "more interesting" now, we'll either end up with, instead of chaining, confusing click-flurries that leave vulnerability from both cooldown and trying to keep track of what is on cooldown, who is getting shot where, and other undesirable aspects such as this.

Unfortunately from the sounds of it they are determined to break the emergency power abilities, if not in this patch, then later down the line, so I don't even know if anyone is listening.

At this rate I may just retire my cruisers, stick all my characters in Defiant Retrofits and just use that as my ship from now on. I've spent the vast majority of my zen on cruisers, and escort play is meh for me in anything more than small doses, so this is a rather active disincentive to continue spending at all.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:41 AM.