Starfleet Veteran
Or will we have to buy it in the C-Store?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 2
04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
A modified version of the Alien race is supposed to be available for Gold Members for the Romulan mini-faction, but only Romulans are available at the moment on tribble.
Captain
# 3
04-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Here is a question. Suppose I sub for a month. Then I can make an Alien Romulan faction character. Can I play it still after going back to silver?

And, is it worth it?
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-18-2013, 11:58 PM
I thought the Alien creator was for LTS only.
Career Officer
# 5
04-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wixiban View Post
LTS and Gold members.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Yay!

I look forward to LOR.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 7
04-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wixiban View Post
Being a lifer, I had no ideas people couldn't make "aliens" from scratch anymore!

A friend I know who also plays has a freebie account, but I assume he is safe because he made his characters before the FTP hit.
Career Officer
# 8
04-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalefactor View Post
Being a lifer, I had no ideas people couldn't make "aliens" from scratch anymore!

A friend I know who also plays has a freebie account, but I assume he is safe because he made his characters before the FTP hit.
Free players can make aliens.

Romulans won't have aliens. They'll have hybrids. All Romulan faction characters are at least part Reman or Romulan for story reasons because the Romulan faction story makes more assumptions about your character and supplies you BOs with defined personalities.

Hybrids are gold only. And while it hasn't been announced and somebody should ask, my guess is that you need to be gold to make a hybrid but won't lose access to them.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
04-19-2013, 06:33 AM
Someone asked this over twitter and it was confirmed that no one is losing access to the alien creator for the Federation or the KDF.

The Romulan faction alien creator is the only one that will be restricted.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 10
04-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Romulans won't have aliens. They'll have hybrids. All Romulan faction characters are at least part Reman or Romulan for story reasons because the Romulan faction story makes more assumptions about your character and supplies you BOs with defined personalities.
This. The Romulan story prologue is much more defined than the "you're random officer # 2275 aboard random ship #57" setup the KDF and Feds have. You need to be a Romulan/Reman for it to work.