Career Officer
# 31
04-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
There's no way I want to write down the times I did this on multiple characters. I want to see the time remaining until I can get a shard again, similar to the timers on other queue missions.
If u have multiple chars running this see the sig, I'm not that OCD to keep track of all that between doffing, repping, pvp
problem is since it only runs what 21days, there is hope they can add in a timer like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
It's a pain in the butt that there's no visible indicator of the cooldown.

I think a simple way to achieve this would be to get a "buff" of some sort when you receive a shard, so there's a marker on your captain that counts down. The idea would be the same as the XP boost you get during Q events, or the CXP boost during the Junior Officer Appreciation events. It wouldn't need to actually do anything, just last for 20 hours.
^This +10 Excellent idea

Good job dev team is a fun event just needs a cd timer i even placed 1st with my sci and engy toons now

Good hunting all
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
04-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Idea, if they don't add the 20 hr.timer, use your captains log and make an entry. It times it for you. IRC.

"captain's log. Command had asked us to confront the crystalline entity. I knew that I would be joined by others but I did not know that it would be nine. I saw no peaceful way to end this encounter. I was, of course, not surprised to see the Tholians yet again but with the help of the utterly inefficient pick up group we were able to dispatch them and the entity. Unlike our last encounter over a year ago"
Career Officer
I ran the CE last night, got my shard.
I just ran it now and didn't. So I'm guessing there's some 20 or 24hr cooldown for it? It's bad enough I'm going to be stuck running it late in the evening because that's when I first did it (or miss a 'day' to do it earlier), but can we get a counter somewhere so I KNOW when it's ready?

Not everyone can do a 'daily' event every day at the same time. I wish the daily cooldowns were reset at a specific time of day to allow players more flexibility on getting these things.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 04-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Commander
# 34
04-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Event Cooldown timer likely scheduled for May 3rd patch.
Ensign
# 35 Gamr Crashing
04-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Is it only me that game happens too?
Ensign
# 36
04-18-2013, 10:57 AM
there there any where else you can find it apart from Starbase 24?
Captain
# 37
04-19-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
There's no way I want to write down the times I did this on multiple characters. I want to see the time remaining until I can get a shard again, similar to the timers on other queue missions.
Same here!