Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Crouch/Aim
01-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Last night before the patch I was able to use the crouch/aim to do more damage.

After the patch that feature was not working. I restarted the client many times but still no go. Anyone else having this issue?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamer
Last night before the patch I was able to use the crouch/aim to do more damage.

After the patch that feature was not working. I restarted the client many times but still no go. Anyone else having this issue?

Z
Nope, works fine for me. Try checking your keybinds to see if for whatever reason it was reset, or changed to a different key. If it's still set to "c" as default, try changing it to something else and see if that works.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm having this problem as well. Thing is, it's unreliable - beaming down to planets or beaming to spacedock, crouching works fine. Beaming down to planets that have hostiles, beaming to asteroid bases and the such, crouching doesn't work. Try it each and every time you have a ground mission before denying that there's a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
I noticed that some times it will unzoom randomly, or your field of view will zoom but your damage won't reflect it and when you unzoom from that you'll fight like your zoomed.

Sprinting or rolling also seems to cause issues, some times the camera makes it hard to determine if you're still zoomed or not. And other times you may think you're zoomed to to not be zoomed. Also sometimes when you get knocked back or stuned it'll glitch it up, and your view and damage might conflict.

I think a little icon some place, like the ones you'd find in a Tom Clancy game or something, that shows your standing or crouching would be a big help, that way we can tell if it's working properly or if you did some how unzoom.

honestly, I could live with out the field of view changing, you really don't have that much of a range on your guns to need to squint or look through a scope to see them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrionCelendil View Post
I'm having this problem as well. Thing is, it's unreliable - beaming down to planets or beaming to spacedock, crouching works fine. Beaming down to planets that have hostiles, beaming to asteroid bases and the such, crouching doesn't work. Try it each and every time you have a ground mission before denying that there's a problem.
Please bug report it! Thanks as I have had the problem only once and forgot to : p
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 04:46 PM
i had a bug post-patch where i couldnt crouch at all klingon or fed.
i returned to earth starbase and it seemed to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2010, 03:03 PM
I only have this problem while on star cluster exploration missions; but it seems to happen with every single one of them I have done that involves ground play. I have, of course, submitted a bug report about it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Bugged it as well here, Can't crouch since the server crash. A newly rolled character of mine can, but the one that I've been playing since the start of OB can't.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-18-2010, 05:42 PM
I am having this same issue
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah...I've been having this issue, as well...

Reported it.