Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't Login/Authenticate
01-14-2010, 07:07 AM
This is probably a dumb question (although I don't see what step I've missed here) but I've signed up for a Cryptic account, using my Beta code, and when i type in the account/password (which I am currently logged into the forums with) It says 'you are not authorized to use launcher' above "Submit" on the STO launch window?

Not really sure why - can't be admin settings since I am the admin, and other than that, did I miss something else in verification?

Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Seems to be an issue happening to others. There doesn't seem to be anything we have in common, I'm hoping its a bug that can be resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2010, 08:00 AM
has there been any known fix to this? At the present I don't think I can even log in to the beta at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2010, 08:08 AM
nevermind, figured it out - turns out that even when using my BETA code to sign up to begin with, I had to add it in AGAIN under settings since the product was not being recognized.

Should be fixed when I get home - thanks anyway!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by US_Gaga
nevermind, figured it out - turns out that even when using my BETA code to sign up to begin with, I had to add it in AGAIN under settings since the product was not being recognized.

Should be fixed when I get home - thanks anyway!
Let me know if that works for you, I tried to add it last night and it said my code was already activated. It does NOT list the game in my settings but says my code has already been activated. I'm going to try again on my lunch break.