Lt. Commander
I am experiencing that the "lighting quality" setting causes a HUGE framerate drop: around 40 fps difference between "low" and "high". This is the ONLY setting that causes a significant performance decrease. All other settings (except AA) are set to high and work without noticeable impact on framerate, which is around 60 fps then. But even if ALL graphics settings are set to low there is this framerate drop connected with the change of the lighting quality parameter.

Is this related to the persisting NVIDIA issue (at least I have heard somewhen in this forum that the way the Cryptic addresses the DirectX API conflicts with the NVIDIA drivers)?

I already went down one version from the current driver (195.62).

I have a 9600M GT 1024 MB (driver version 186.81) running on WIndows 7 x64 on a Core 2 Duo T9559 (2,66 GHz) 4 GB DDR3.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I have got the same issue so your not the only one. Just keep lighnting at low. It doesn't make that big a difference.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecool444 View Post
I have got the same issue so your not the only one. Just keep lighnting at low. It doesn't make that big a difference.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this. But I think it does make a big difference. The characters and surroundings look WAY better with lighting quality on high.